RACINE, Wis., April 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Each year, home invading pests, including beetles, cockroaches, ants, centipedes, sowbugs and boxelder bugs, are a relentless annoyance for homeowners across the country. These bugs hide in cracks and corners, searching for food and dragging in dirt and grime – even in the most private areas, including bedrooms and bathrooms. This year, fight off home invading bugs before they move in with help from Raid Max® Bug Barrier.
With a preventative approach, homeowners can protect their home in minutes against pesky bugs. By using its innovative battery operated automatic trigger to lay down a continuous stream of protection both indoors and out, Raid Max® Bug Barrier's powerful formula helps keep pests out as well as kills them if they cross the line. Simply spray around the perimeter of the home, paying close attention to cracks in the walls, windows and doorways.
To help families get ahead of home invading bugs, Lou Manfredini, a nationally recognized DIY expert and NBC's "Today" Show contributor, recently partnered with Raid® to offer solutions to keep insects out of the home. Manfredini's tips can give homeowners the confidence and peace of mind that their families and homes are protected against annoying bugs.
"As a contractor, one of the issues I often came across when tearing down walls was finding a bug infestation," said Manfredini. "However, they can be easily controlled in the first place with a few smart home solutions that start to work in minutes and last for months."
Keep Your Home Your Own
With the help of Raid Max® Bug Barrier, Manfredini is empowering families to tackle DIY projects and protect their homes from home invading pests. His simple tips can help maintain the home and beat home invading bugs.
- Check the Deck: Before your family starts spending more time on the deck, take a close look at the wood boards for signs of rotting or splitting. Check for signs of potential bug infestations and take preventative measures to keep them out of the home.
- Seal the Cracks: Before spring showers, check driveways and walkways. If they're pitted, chipped or cracked, consider repairing and re-sealing them with an asphalt or concrete sealer to keep ants from creating a new home.
- Remove Home Invading Pests: This spring, kill home invading bugs with the help of Raid Max® Bug Barrier. Protect your home and family by simply spraying the long-lasting formula around the perimeter of your home, indoors and out, for protection against a wide variety of bugs.
- Remember the Lawn: Be sure to regularly fertilize, water and mow your lawn. Implementing a lawn feeding program will minimize the number of unwanted bugs and promote a thick, green lawn.
- Rake It Up, Move It Out: Clean up winter debris lying in your flower beds. Without winter debris to hide in, bugs won't be able to make a nest and, consequently, are less likely to enter the home.
Raid Max® Bug Barrier is available in most insecticide and lawn-and-garden sections in other food, drug, do-it-yourself and mass-merchandise stores. It was named "Product of the Year" for 2010 by families surveyed by Product of the Year USA.
For more information or tips from Lou Manfredini, visit www.KillsBugsDead.com.
SC Johnson is a family-owned and managed business dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, and pest control. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, and MR. MUSCLE®. The 125-year old company, with more than $8 billion in sales, employs approximately 12,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com
SOURCE SC Johnson