NEW YORK, May 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Protein purification involves the process of isolating proteins from the source, based on differences in their physical properties. The objective of a protein purification process is to isolate the largest amount of functional protein with fewest contaminants. The global protein purification and isolation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% to 6% during the forecast period. This market is mainly driven by increased research in the pharmaceutical and biotechnological fields, growing need to identify new protein-based drug molecules, and growing demand for rapid purification kits to rapidly screen, prepare, purify, and concentrate protein samples. In addition, various factors, such as increased funding from both public and private research bodies for research and development; growing research in the field of structure-based drug design; and technological innovations in protein purification and isolation technologies are offering significant growth opportunities for the market. However, high cost of purification instruments, soaring research and development cost, and dearth of skilled professionals are restricting the growth of this market to a certain extent.
The global protein purification and isolation market is broadly segmented by technology, product, application, and end user. By technology, the protein purification and isolation market is segmented into ultrafiltration, precipitation, preparative chromatography techniques, electrophoresis, Western blotting, dialysis and diafiltration, and centrifugation. By product, the market is segmented into instruments and consumables. On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into drug screening, protein-protein interaction studies, biomarker discovery, target identification, protein therapeutics, and disease diagnostics and monitoring. On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into academic medical institutes, hospitals and diagnostics centers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and contract research organizations.
In 2014, North America accounted for the largest share of the protein purification and isolation market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW. This region will continue to dominate the market during the forecast period; however, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period, largely driven by growing investments in emerging countries such as China, India, and Brazil for the protein purification and isolation sector.
The global protein purification and isolation market is consolidated in nature, with major players such as Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Merck Millipore (U.S.), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), and Agilent Technologies (U.S.). The other market players include Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (U.S.), Promega Corporation (U.S.), Purolite Corporation (U.S.), GE Healthcare Life Sciences (U.K.), and Roche Applied Science (Switzerland).
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market which in turn will help the firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the protein purification and isolation market. The report analyzes the protein purification and isolation market by product, technology, application, and end user, across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the protein purification and isolation market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets by product, technology, application, end user, and geography
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the protein purification and isolation market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, manufacturing capabilities, and SWOT analysis of the leading players in the protein purification and isolation market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02988998-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001