NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global proteomics market is projected to reach USD 21.87 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021. Growth in this market is majorly driven by the rising acceptance of personalized medicines, increasing pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D funding supporting proteomics research across the globe, and shift in focus from genomics to proteomics.
The global proteomics market is segmented on the basis of instrumentation technology, reagent, services & software, application, and region. Based on instrumentation technology, the proteomics market is broadly segmented into protein microarray, spectroscopy, X-ray crystallography, chromatography, electrophoresis, surface plasmon resonance (SPR) systems, and protein fractionation systems. In 2015, the spectroscopy segment accounted for the largest share of the proteomics market. The growing preference for these technologies in clinical diagnostics over conventional methods and the ability of spectroscopy technologies to offer faster results with high sensitivity and accuracy are contributing to the growth of spectroscopy market during forecast period.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented into drug discovery, clinical diagnostics, and other applications. In 2015, the clinical diagnostics segment accounted for the largest share of the global proteomics market. The drug discovery segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the ability of proteomics in providing important information on target druggability and development of relevant therapeutic leads for drug development.
In 2015, North America commanded the largest share of the proteomics market, followed by Europe. The U.S. is a prime market for proteomics due to the rising acceptance of personalized medicines and growing focus of stakeholders on research projects involving proteins, peptides, amino acid composition, associated biomolecules, and genes in the country. The Asia-Pacific market is expected to witness the highest growth in the coming years primarily due to the growing focus of manufacturers on this region.
Major players in the global proteomics market are Agilent Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), Bruker Corporation (U.S.), Danaher Corporation (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.S.), Luminex Corporation (U.S.), Merck KGaA (Germany), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), and Waters Corporation (U.S.).
- Detailed insights on all the submarkets, based on instrumentation technology (spectroscopy, chromatography, electrophoresis, immunoassay, HPLC, X-ray crystallography, mass spectrometry, surface plasmon resonance systems, and other technologies) this can help market players to identify high growth segments in the proteomics market
- Detailed insights on all the submarkets, based on reagent (spectroscopy reagents, chromatography reagents, electrophoresis reagents, immunoassay reagents, X-ray crystallography reagents, microarray reagents, and protein fractionation reagents) this can help market players to identify high growth segments in the proteomics market
- Detailed insights on all the submarkets, based on services & software (analytical laboratory services, data analysis & maintenance, and quantitation services) this can help market players to identify high growth segments in the proteomics market
- The report also provides information on key players in this market and their growth strategies and recent developments. This can help the company to assess the competition at global and regional levels in a better manner
- Key insights and market sizing for the different applications of the proteomics market, namely, drug discovery, diagnostics, and other applications
- Country-wise market size and forecast for all the subsegments. Thus, not only the high growth technologies, reagent, services & software, and application areas; the market size numbers provided in the report will also enable market players to identify key geographic markets, and thereby strategize global marketing efforts in order to achieve sustainable revenue growth in the coming years
- It provides key insights on market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for this market
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for increasing their market shares.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by top players in the proteomics market. The report analyzes the market by instrumentation technology, reagent, services & software, application, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, R&D activities, and new product launches in the proteomics market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for proteomics across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the proteomics market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the proteomics market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04603861-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/proteomics-market-by-instrument-reagent--service-application---forecast-to-2021-300388802.html