DETROIT, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Public relations professionals from across the region recently elected new officers to lead Detroit's chapter of Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
The 400-member chapter elected officers and members to its board of directors including:
- Incoming president, John Austerberry, APR, DTE Energy
- President-elect, Dan Artman, APR, Plante Moran
- Treasurer, Debra Lacey, APR, Johnson Controls
- Secretary, Don Tanner, Tanner Friedman
- Immediate past president, Jennifer Flowers, APR, Henry Ford Health System
- Board member, Jasmin Nadalizadeh, Stratacomm
- Board member, Tom O'Connell, BusinessWire
- Board member, Katy Teer, Plex Systems.
The newly elected officers and directors join current board members:
- Carolyn Artman, APR, Quicken Loans
- Hope Brown, APR, PublicCity PR
- Jim Burke, Federal-Mogul Corporation
- Karah Davenport, Stratacomm
- Melanie Davis, APR, The Adcraft Club
- Kim Eberhardt, Tanner Friedman
- Melissa Vander Laan, APR, Weber Shandwick
- Tim Wieland, APR, Airfoil
"I am honored to have the opportunity to lead this great chapter," Austerberry said. "In the last few months I've met PRSA leaders from across the county and I was proud to see the high regard they have for the Detroit chapter. I am certain we can build on that reputation in 2013. Our leaders and member volunteers already have plans in place for programs and events that will provide real value to our members, our profession and our community."
The Detroit Chapter of PRSA was established in 1947 and is one of six founding Chapters of PRSA, the world's largest organization for public relations professionals with nearly 32,000 professional and student members. PRSA Detroit is one of the largest chapters of PRSA with approximately 400 members-from students to seasoned professionals, who represent business and industry, agencies, solo practitioners, associations, nonprofit organizations and government entities. The chapter is committed to education and diversity, and serves as a gateway to public relations professionals by providing educational and career opportunities for its members. Visit www.prsadetroit.org, follow PRSA-Detroit on Twitter (@PRSADetroit) and Facebook (PRSA Detroit Chapter), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SOURCE PRSA Detroit