NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new article on BestPsychologyDegrees.com features the most outstanding psychologists in the social media stratosphere of Twitter. In the article, "30 Most Prominent Psychologists on Twitter," author Alice Lipscombe-Southwell counts the number of followers to arrange the tweeting psychologists in order of rank. The new article represents an addition to the Best Psychology Degrees web guide, which is a free source of information about psychology degree programs and career preparation.
The career possibilities for psychologists are diverse, and mental health professionals often use Twitter and other social media as a way to connect with more people in need. The blogs of psychologists can provide hope and inspiration for millions of people. According to the article on BestPsychologyDegrees.com, the most popular psychologist is Dr. Phil McGraw with 1,270,000 Twitter followers.
"Leading psychologists are interesting enough individuals in their own right, yet social media platforms such as Twitter have offered us access to their insights and reading habits like never before," said Lipscombe-Southwell. "Most people's tweets may be a dime a dozen, but there's a reason these psychologists are among the most followed in their field -- and that's what we wanted to explore by creating this list."
Below are the 30 Most Prominent Psychologists on Twitter as ranked on BestPsychologyDegrees.com. http://www.bestpsychologydegrees.com/posts/30-most-prominent-psychologists-on-twitter/
1. Phil McGraw - "Doctor Phil"
2. Andrew Mendonsa - Noted California psychologist
3. Richard Wiseman - Psychology professor, University of Hertfordshire, England
4. Jeffrey Guterman - Associate professor, Miami-Dadeis Barry University
5. Steven Pinker - Psychology professor, Harvard University
6. Laura Compian Kauffman - Highly-regarded child psychologist
7. Keely Kolmes - Founder and president of San Francisco's Bay Area Open Minds
8. Dan Ariely - Psychology Professor, Duke University
9. Leah Klungness - Author and family psychologist
10. Dolors Reig - Social psychologist and consultant
11. Travis Langley - Psychology Professor, Henderson State University
12. Melanie Greenberg - Psychology Today writer and clinical psychologist
13. Miguel Angel Escotet - College of Education Dean, University of Texas at Brownsville
14. Marsha Lucas - Private counseling practice
15. Anthony Risser - Educational writer
16. Aleks Krotoski - Celebrity psychologist and self-described science "geek"
17. Jo Hemmings - Celebrity behavioral expert
18. Jeremy Dean - High-profile psychology blogger
19. Kelly McGonigal - Lecturer, Stanford University
20. David Ballard - Chair, Center for Organizational Excellence, American Psychological Association
21. Melissa McCreery - Author and prominent psychologist
22. Daniel Levitin - New York Times bestselling author
23. Amy Cuddy - Associate professor, Harvard Business School
24. Sherry Turkle - Professor of the Social Studies of Science and Technology, MIT
25. Heidi Grant Halvorson - Associate professor, Columbia Business School
26. Craig Malkin - Consultant, Harvard Medical School
27. Mollie Marti - Popular author and business coach
28. Robert Cialdini - Professor Emeritus of Psychology and Marketing, Arizona State University
29. Ciar·n OíKeeffe - Senior lecturer, Bucks New University, England
30. Paul Ekman - Identified by the American Psychological Association as one of the most significant psychologists of the 20th century
About: BestPsychologyDegrees.com is a free web resource with dozens of articles and recommendations for prospective psychology students. Best Psychology Degrees contains up-to-date information about top psychology degree programs and diverse career choices for graduates.
Read more news form BestPsychologyDegrees.com.