Exhibition Offers Health Screenings, Safety, Health Information
HARRISBURG, Pa., June 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition of June as National Safety Month, the public is invited to learn how to work safely and live well at the 12th annual Commonwealth Health & Safety Day event, sponsored by the Department of Labor & Industry, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 9, in the Capitol East Wing Rotunda in Harrisburg.
The event will feature an array of interactive services promoting health and safety in the workplace and at home. Holy Spirit Hospital will provide free blood pressure and bone density screening, while glucose and cholesterol screenings will be available for a minimal charge.
Leading Edge Eyecare will provide free vision screening, and Capital Blue Cross will offer free skin damage screening.
Informational exhibits include:
- Fishing and boating safety (PA Fish & Boat Commission)
- Alcohol awareness (Capitol Police and PA Liquor Control Board)
- Emergency preparedness and tobacco use (PA Department of Health)
- Information on Lyme disease (York Lyme Disease Support Group)
- Prostate cancer information (Urology of Central PA)
- Equipment safety and use of personal protective equipment (PA Conservation Corps)
For more information on Health & Safety Day, contact L&I Wellness Program Coordinator Cathy Pryor at 717-787-5057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media contact: David Smith, 717-787-7530
SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry