SANTA ANA, Calif., Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a notification from Foshan Electrical and Lighting Co.,Ltd that the retrofit LED tubes do not comply with UL's safety requirements and are not authorized to bear the UL Mark for the United States and Canada.
Name of Product:
Direct Power LED Tube|
Foshan Electrical & Lighting Co.,Ltd.
64 North Fenjiang Rd.
Guangdong 528000 China
Dates of Manufacturer: October 2014 to Present
Warns of Unauthorized Mark on LED T8 Replacement Retrofit LED Tube
- There is a fuse that shorts the pins of the lamp base that is intended for mechanical support of the lamp. The fuse construction is not in compliance with UL requirements
- The tube is AC100-277V. But the previously UL evaluated is just 120V.The tube mark showing AC100-277V is unauthorized.
- There were total of 9,800 tubes with the above issues.
Lot Date 0415 3,000 pcs, Lot Date 0815 6,800 pcs
- Customers should pay attention to the installation instructions;
- If customers think it is necessary to change the product, they can contact us or our distributors to change the tubes.
The product bears an unauthorized UL Mark.
On the LED Tube Packaging:
48" T8 Lamp
120-277 Volt Direct Wire T8
Replacement Retrofit Bulb
4000K Lamp Color
On the LED Tube Label:
DIRECT POWER LED TUBE
Input Voltage: AC100-277V 50/60Hz
Input Current: 158mA
Power: 18W PF>0.9 THD<20%
CCT: 4000k Date 0815
Known to be Distributed By:
CYBER TECH LIGHTING INC.
SOURCE Foshan Electrical and Lighting Co.,Ltd