OAK BROOK, Ill., Jan. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- PureCircle, the leading global producer and marketer of high-quality stevia products, released the industry's first comprehensive sustainability report today. The report highlights the tremendous impact that the company's vertically integrated supply chain has had on people and the planet.
"Our mission is to mainstream stevia as the next natural origin sweetener for food and beverage products," said Jordi Ferre, PureCircle's Chief Operating Officer. "We recognized from the beginning that stevia had the potential to be a sustainable product – benefiting the communities it is grown in and the planet. By producing the first detailed stevia sustainability report in the industry, we are now establishing very public benchmarks for the industry as a whole."
The full report, which was distributed on PureCircle's website, includes an update on PureCircle's existing sustainability goals and illustrates the significant strides the company has made in reaching these goals. It focuses on five key pillars within a sustainability framework that are rooted in the company's beliefs and values.
- Environmental Impacts – Illustrates PureCircle's commitment to reducing stevia's environmental footprint.
- Workplace Impacts – Showcases how the effective management of the company's workforce is key to the company's success.
- Community Impacts – Reviews PureCircle's support of a variety of national and international charitable programs.
- Product Impacts – Demonstrates how at each stage of the stevia growth and production process, the company's first and foremost commitment is to quality and safety.
- Supply Chain Impacts – Establishes innovation at all stages of the supply chain to insure PureCircle brings the best tasting stevia extracts to consumers.
"Across global markets we are seeing steady growth in demand for larger brands launching with stevia," said Ajay Chandran, Corporate Sustainability Director for PureCircle. "As the industry leader, we want to set an example for the broader stevia industry and producing the industry's first stevia sustainability report is an important step in this journey."
To view the full report, please click here.
PureCircle is the world's leading producer of high-purity stevia ingredients for the global food and beverage industry. The company is a driving force behind moving stevia from a niche ingredient to mainstream, global acceptance, and is changing the conversation around sweet. Its mission is to encourage healthier diets around the world through the supply of natural ingredients to the global food and beverage industry. Its vision is to lead the global expansion of stevia as the next mass volume, natural-origin sweetener. PureCircle has offices around the world with the global headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. PureCircle's shares are traded on the LSE AIM index. For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com.
Contact: Rachel Quenzer
PureCircle, Commercial Division
Global Communications Manager
Email: [email protected]