NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The QBE Foundation has awarded more than $118,000 in grants to programs provided by 20 charitable organizations across the country.
"From medical research and emergency shelters, to helping the homeless and equipping students with technology, these grants will make a huge difference in many people's lives," says Foundation Chair Sue Harnett. "Our employees help make this possible by nominating worthy charities for grants. It's clear these are causes employees feel passionately about."
Organizations receiving foundation grants are:
- American Institute for Contemporary German Studies, Washington, D.C.
- American Junior Golf Association, Braselton, Ga.
- BackPack Beginnings, Greensboro, N.C.
- Bayaud Enterprises Inc., Denver
- Blind Children Learning Center, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Celebrating All That is Feminine, Elgin, Ill.
- Children's Bureau of Southern California, Los Angeles and surrounding counties
- Clemson University Foundation, Clemson, S.C.
- Cradles to Crayons, Boston and Philadelphia
- High Tech High Foundation, San Diego
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, nationwide locations
- Madison Public Library Foundation, Madison, Wis.
- Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer, Milwaukee
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, nationwide locations
- New York Asian Women's Center, New York, N.Y.
- North Shore Medical Center, Miami
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southwestern Wisconsin, Madison, Wis.
- Self Help Africa, New York, N.Y.
- Special Olympics of North Carolina, Morrisville, N.C.
- The Imagine Foundation, Newport Beach, Calif.
QBE's North America operations are part of QBE Insurance Group Limited, one of the top 20 insurers and reinsurers worldwide. QBE Insurance Group's 2012 results can also be found at www.qbena.com. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, QBE operates out of 48 countries around the globe, with a presence in every key insurance market. The North America operation, headquartered in New York, conducts business through various property and casualty insurance subsidiaries. QBE insurance companies are rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best and "A+" by Standard & Poor's.
SOURCE QBE Foundation