ORLANDO, Florida, February 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced a collaboration with 10x Genomics to develop and promote comprehensive solutions for next-generation sequencing (NGS), single-cell biology and bioinformatics.
This collaboration includes:
- Optimizing QIAGEN's sample technologies for use with 10x Genomics GemCode and Chromium systems. This includes QIAGEN's MagAttract HMW DNA kit to deliver high-quality, high molecular weight (HMW) DNA through a simple and fast workflow. The enhanced performance of integrating QIAGEN and 10x Genomics technologies will be shown at the Advances in Genome Biology and Technology (AGBT) meeting in Orlando, Fla., from February 10-13.
- Supporting complete workflows in single-cell biology by leveraging 10x Genomics' revolutionary GemCode™ technology with QIAGEN's leading single-cell biology portfolio and QIAseq NGS solutions.
- Investigating the implementation of 10x Genomics' GemCode technology with QIAGEN's proprietary GeneReader NGS System, the world's first complete NGS workflow designed for any lab. The combination will result in upgraded capabilities of QIAGEN's Sample to Insight solutions for NGS such as allowing customers to detect structural variants, haplotypes and other valuable long-range information from DNA inputs as little as 1ng.
- Enabling the processing and analysis of 10x Genomics' "Linked-Reads" with QIAGEN's suite of leading bioinformatics solutions. These efforts aim to address the challenges of data analysis, interpretation, clinical decision-support, and reporting that rely on testing for long-range phasing and structural variants in genomics.
- Co-marketing each other's applications, including QIAGEN's sample technologies, QIAseq NGS solutions, and QIAGEN Bioinformatics along with 10x GemCode™ Platform and Chromium products.
"QIAGEN's collaboration with 10x Genomics enables both companies to better serve its customers, helping them make groundbreaking advances in single-cell biology, bioinformatics and beyond," said Peer Schatz, CEO of QIAGEN. "10x Genomics is recognized for delivering critical long-range sequence information that greatly expands the quality of genome research. This partnership will further the potential of each of our product lines while providing significant new capabilities to NGS researchers."
"We welcome the opportunity to partner with QIAGEN, with their comprehensive offerings for genomic analysis, ranging from sample preparation technologies to bioinformatics solutions for the interpretation and analysis of genomic data," said Serge Saxonov, 10x's Chief Executive Officer. "Access to long-range sequence information is becoming the standard for obtaining the most comprehensive understanding of disease, and we expect this collaboration to allow our respective customers to gain valuable insights that have previously not been possible."
10x Genomics' GemCode™ Platform overcomes existing NGS limitations through a combination of microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics. The system is a unique molecular barcoding and analysis platform that consists of instrumentation, reagents and software to provide a complete approach for a broad range of applications, including single-cell transcriptomics and whole genome analysis.
QIAGEN N.V., a Netherlands-based holding company, is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions to transform biological materials into valuable molecular insights. QIAGEN sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective molecular testing workflows. QIAGEN provides these workflows to more than 500,000 customers around the world in Molecular Diagnostics (human healthcare), Applied Testing (forensics, veterinary testing and food safety), Pharma (pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies) and Academia (life sciences research). As of December 31, 2015, QIAGEN employed approximately 4,600 people in over 35 locations worldwide. Further information can be found at http://www.qiagen.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be considered forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. To the extent that any of the statements contained herein relating to QIAGEN's products, markets, strategy or operating results, including without limitation its expected operating results, are forward-looking, such statements are based on current expectations and assumptions that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Such uncertainties and risks include, but are not limited to, risks associated with management of growth and international operations (including the effects of currency fluctuations, regulatory processes and dependence on logistics), variability of operating results and allocations between customer classes, the commercial development of markets for our products to customers in academia, pharma, applied testing and molecular diagnostics; changing relationships with customers, suppliers and strategic partners; competition; rapid or unexpected changes in technologies; fluctuations in demand for QIAGEN's products (including fluctuations due to general economic conditions, the level and timing of customers' funding, budgets and other factors); our ability to obtain regulatory approval of our products; difficulties in successfully adapting QIAGEN's products to integrated solutions and producing such products; the ability of QIAGEN to identify and develop new products and to differentiate and protect our products from competitors' products; market acceptance of QIAGEN's new products and the integration of acquired technologies and businesses. For further information, please refer to the discussions in reports that QIAGEN has filed with, or furnished to, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
SOURCE QIAGEN N.V.