CHICAGO, Dec. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- @Quaker fuels breakfast category with new innovations: 3-minute steel cut oats, super grains oatmeal blend and oatmeal with protein.
- The latest in breakfast: hearty, nutty steel cut texture, but with a convenient cook time in new @Quaker Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oats.
Coming off the cusp of 'snowvember' and just in time for the cold wave ahead, Quaker Oats, a subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc., is delivering new breakfast innovations that can help warm up consumers looking for exciting, new and tasty ways to enjoy oatmeal.
In an effort to meet the growing demand for alternative breakfast choices, Quaker is reinvigorating the idea of oatmeal, the breakfast staple that has seen renewed interest from consumers. From creating breakfast offerings with protein or with less sugar, to highlighting the satiety and whole grain nutritional benefits of oats, to providing quicker and more convenient options for the time-challenged, Quaker is kick-starting oatmeal season with new products:
- For those in a hurry who still want a delicious breakfast, Quaker® Quick 3-Minute Steel Cut Oatmeal delivers the same hearty and nutty texture that has made steel cut oats popular, but with a convenient consumer desired cook time. The new offering cuts the traditional cooking time of 30 minutes to three. Beyond the original flavor, two delicious flavored varieties – Blueberries & Cranberries and Brown Sugar & Cinnamon – made with real fruit pieces and spices will also be available in convenient pouches.
- Growing in popularity amongst consumer diets, super grain-infused products continue to rise across the grocery aisles and on restaurant menus. Quaker® Real Medleys® Super Grains delivers a delicious blend of fruit and nuts found in the original Real Medleys products as well as a dynamic blend of oats, wheat, barley, rye, quinoa and flax. Flavors include Banana Walnut and Maple Pecan Raisin.
- Sixty-two percent of consumers are making a point to get more protein1. With 10 grams of protein and 40 grams of whole grains, Quaker Protein Instant Oatmeal – offered in Banana Nut and Cranberry Almond – helps energize consumers' mornings.
- Due to growing consumer demand for products that are lower in sugar, convenient on-the-go cups of Quaker Instant Oatmeal: 50% Less Sugar2 will be available with no artificial sweeteners. Offering great taste and delicious flavors like Cinnamon Pecan and Apple Walnut, this will be the first nationally available instant oatmeal to use stevia, a zero-calorie plant extract, as a sweetener.
"We are dedicated to delivering the power of the oat to our consumers through new and delicious products that address their varied lifestyle needs," said Joe Silverman, Senior Marketing Director for Quaker Oats. "Whether families are looking for a wholesome and delicious start to their day, specific benefits like more protein or just a fast, convenient and filling breakfast, Quaker has a solution."
These new products are available at select mass merchandise and grocery stores now and will be available nationwide in January 2015, just in time for National Oatmeal Month. For more information about Quaker's latest innovations and recipe ideas, visit www.QuakerOats.com, www.Facebook.com/Quaker or follow the brand on Twitter @Quaker.
1Packaged Facts. Proteins – Classic, Alternative and Exotic Sources: Culinary Trend Tracking Series. June 2014.
2Contains 50% less sugar than the leading Quaker® Instant Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar flavor.
About The Quaker Oats Company
The Quaker Oats Company, headquartered in Chicago, is a unit of PepsiCo, Inc., one of the world's largest consumer packaged goods companies. For more than 130 years, Quaker's brands have served as symbols of quality, great taste and nutrition. Holding leadership positions in their respective categories, Quaker® Oats, Quaker® Rice Cakes and Quaker Chewy® Granola Bars are consumer favorites. For more information, please visit www.QuakerOats.com, www.Facebook.com/Quaker or follow us on Twitter @Quaker.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $66 billion in net revenue in 2013, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth in shareholder value. In practice, Performance with Purpose means providing a wide range of foods and beverages from treats to healthy eats; finding innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and reduce our operating costs; providing a safe and inclusive workplace for our employees globally; and respecting, supporting and investing in the local communities where we operate. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quaker-oats-delivers-new-innovations-to-help-fuel-consumers-mornings-300008355.html