SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Quali, the leading Cloud Sandbox software for DevOps automation, announced availability of the Jenkins pipeline plug-in to speed up application release automation. Quali will participate in Jenkins World to showcase this capability. Jenkins World will be held Sept. 13-15, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Quali is a Silver Sponsor of the event and will offer demonstrations of CloudShell 7.0 in booth # K28.
"Quali's Cloud Sandbox Software is a great step forward to making DevOps truly effective because it gives tools like Jenkins the ability to deploy full-stack production-like environments on-demand," said Kohsuke Kawaguchi, Jenkins founder and CTO at CloudBees. "This makes it possible for DevOps teams to improve the speed of testing and release automation."
"Jenkins is an incredible tool for streamlining the application build, test, and release process, but without a sandboxing tool in place you can only go so far," said Joan Wrabetz, Chief Technology Officer of Quali. "Today's applications, especially those developed for the enterprise, need to be developed and tested in sandbox environments that can truly replicate production-like deployments with full support for networking, cloud, virtualization, app deployment, and configuration of physical resources like network gear, storage, and even IoT."
Quali's Jenkins Plugin allows DevOps teams to control CloudShell Sandboxes directly from Jenkins' pipeline. It associates Jenkins jobs with Quali Sandboxes, giving them the power to run jobs on full-stack, sandbox environments rather than just simple nodes. Quali's Jenkins Pipeline plugin allows users to associate sandbox environments for each stage of a CD pipeline, enabling the automated setup and teardown of production-like environments throughout the application release process. In the new plugin it's possible to use simple pipeline steps in your pipeline-script / JenkinsFile like "StartSandbox" and "StopSandbox" to control CloudShell Sandboxes.
The Jenkins plugin is open-sourced and is immediately available on Quali's Developer Community.
Quali's booth at Jenkins World will feature:
- Live Demos - Get a live demonstration from one of Quali's Sandbox Experts, including:
- Test drive CloudShell to understand how the CloudShell Jenkins plugin can make Jenkins a more effective tool for continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD);
- Learn how Jenkins Pipeline can be augmented with Quali sandboxes; and
- See how Cisco's DevNet uses CloudShell sandbox technology to create a global developer cloud.
- One-on-One Sessions - Have one of our Sandbox Experts answer any of your questions about how sandbox software can help with CI/CD.
- Fun Swag - Grab a T-shirt and stickers, and fill out our DevOps survey for a chance to win an Apple Watch.
Jenkins World continues an eventful year for Quali in 2016 as the industry recognizes the importance of Cloud Sandboxes, highlighted by Quali's recent Best of VM World Finalist Award.
- Read our Blog on CI/CD - http://www.quali.com/blog/jenkins-world-2016/
- Download the Jenkins Pipeline Plugin: It allows control of CloudShell Sandboxes directly from Jenkins pipeline! - http://community.quali.com/repos/548/cloudshell-pipeline-plugin-for-jenkins.html
- Download the Jenkins Plugin to setup CloudShell sandboxes for running tests in CI– http://community.quali.com/repos/189/sandbox-jenkins-plugin.html
- Attend our Webinar – Demystifying DevOps – A Practitioner's Perspective http://info.quali.com/webinar-de-mystifying-devops-a-practitioners-perspective
Quali is the leading provider of Cloud Sandboxes for automating the DevOps lifecycle. We give innovators control over their world by enabling them to create personalized replicas of even the most complex production environments. The Global 100 and beyond, including cloud providers, service providers and enterprises, depend on Quali to help them deliver their products and services to market faster with better quality and reduced costs.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quali-announces-availability-of-jenkins-pipeline-plug-in-to-speed-up-application-release-automation-300326865.html