SAN JOSE, Calif., July 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced that its DXi® deduplication appliances, Scalar® tape libraries and StorNext Pro™ Solutions workflow storage have all successfully achieved Cisco Interoperability Verification Testing (IVT) compatibility certification with Cisco's Unified Computing System, the UCS B-Series Blade Servers. The Internet of Everything (IoE) continues to bring together people, processes, data and things to enhance the relevancy of network connections. As a member of the Cisco® Solution Partner Program, Quantum is able to quickly create and deploy solutions to enhance the capabilities, performance and management of the network to capture value in the IoE.
Quantum now has three product classes with multiple models that have achieved Cisco IVT, enabling customers running applications on Cisco UCS hardware to leverage industry-leading workflow, backup and archive storage solutions from Quantum for a variety of use cases:
- DXi Deduplication: The DXi4700 and DXi6900 are qualified to provide deduplication and backup for UCS environments. The DXi4700 is ideal for customers needing efficient data protection for data center, remote or virtual environments and includes military-grade encryption and extensibility to the cloud. The DXi6900 is designed to meet data protection needs of the next-generation data center, offering the highest level of scale, performance and security. In addition, Quantum's DXi V-Series virtual deduplication appliance provides customers with the option to deploy deduplication as a virtual machine for VMware environments running on UCS hardware.
- Scalar Tape Libraries: The Scalar i40/i80, i500 and i6000 offer intelligent archive capabilities and long-term data retention for UCS customers. Proactive and automated monitoring and management reduce administration time and service interruptions, enabling IT staff to stay focused on key business objectives. Quantum is the market share leader in open systems tape automation, offering ease of management, industry-leading performance, reliability and scalability.
- StorNext Pro Solutions: StorNext Pro Solutions enable collaborative workgroups and are now certified to run in conjunction with applications operating on UCS. Offering broadcast and postproduction professionals fast, easy, end-to-end storage for today's complex, high-performance workflows, StorNext Pro Solutions are based on StorNext 5 data management software, which provides a shared storage environment, policy-based tiering and the ability to scale to hundreds of petabytes.
The Cisco Solution Partner Program, part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem, unites Cisco with third-party independent hardware and software vendors to deliver integrated solutions to joint customers. As a Solution Partner, Quantum offers complementary products and has started to collaborate with Cisco to meet the needs of joint customers. For more information on Quantum in the Cisco Marketplace Solutions Catalog, go to: https://marketplace.cisco.com.
Supporting Quote Robert Clark, Senior Vice President, Product Operations, Quantum "Cisco UCS environments run business-critical data on a virtual infrastructure, so it is crucial to protect, archive, and have file management of the data. The combination of Quantum data protection and scale-out storage with UCS offers our partners a solid foundation for managing storage workflows in enterprise environments."
- For more details about Quantum DXi data protection for Cisco UCS applications: www.quantum.com/applications/cisco-ucs/index.aspx
- To learn more about Scalar products: www.quantum.com/products/tapelibraries/index.aspx
- For more about StorNext®: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/index.aspx
About Quantum Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection, providing solutions for capturing, sharing and preserving digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workflow challenges. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™ they have the end-to-end storage foundation to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it indefinitely and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
* Compatibility certification via Interoperability Verification Testing and Cisco Validated Design is designed to simulate typical customer configurations and does not replace the need for on-site testing and interoperability validation in conjunction with actual implementation.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Scalar, StorNext and StorNext Pro are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's products and solutions, 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products and solutions and 3) benefits from Quantum being a member of the Cisco Solution Partner Program and from Quantum's products and solutions achieving compatibility certifications with such program, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. More detailed information about these risk factors are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 12, 2015. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact: Bob Wientzen Quantum Corp. (720) 201-8125 email@example.com
SOURCE Quantum Corp.