SAN JOSE, Calif., May 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced new, unique integration with Veeam for DXi® deduplication appliances and Quantum's latest Scalar® tape storage platform. These integrated solutions make it easier for Veeam customers to deploy "3-2-1 data protection" best practices — storing at least three copies of data on two different types of media with one backup copy off-site — to guard against data loss, localized disaster and ransomware.
DXi Appliances Integrated With Veeam Data Mover Service
With the latest update to DXi software, DXi deduplication appliances are now integrated with the Veeam Data Mover, and support the full breadth of advanced Veeam features such as synthetic full backup creation and instant VM recovery. Veeam customers using DXi deduplication appliances maximize the availability of their production environment while minimizing backup storage costs.
In addition, DXi appliances will be added to the Veeam user interface as part of the next Veeam software release, further tightening the integration and streamlining the joint solution for customers.
Scalar iBlade Enables Veeam Tape Creation Without Physical Server
Tape continues to be a vital aspect of many data protection solutions because it offers an offline, "air-gapped" backup copy that provides protection against ransomware. Until now, however, Veeam customers needed physical tape servers for tape library access — difficult for those that have 100 percent virtual environments but want offline protection.
The new Scalar iBlade™ designed for Veeam solves this problem. It is an embedded blade server that can be installed into the latest additions to Quantum's Scalar tape storage platform: the Scalar i3 and Scalar i6 tape libraries. The resulting converged tape storage supports a Veeam tape server role as well as associated tape drivers, enabling Veeam customers to create tape without requiring a separate physical server. iBlade connects directly to the network and provides connectivity to the tape drives within the Scalar library to create a fully converged tape storage solution for Veeam environments.
Integrated Features Enable More Efficient 3-2-1 Data Protection for Veeam
A long-standing best practice for data protection is the "3-2-1 rule": store three copies of data using two different storage types such as disk and tape, and keep at least one copy off-site and offline. Quantum and Veeam have jointly promoted the importance of this best practice when it comes to protecting data against data loss, localized disaster, ransomware and malware. With these latest features, Quantum DXi and Scalar tape now provide an even more powerful combination for 3-2-1 data protection solutions.
Showcasing Storage for the Always-on Enterprise at VeeamON
Quantum and Veeam will be showcasing joint solutions at VeeamON 2017, May 16-18, in
New Orleans. In addition, Eric Bassier, senior director of data center solutions at Quantum, and Ronn Martin, senior solution architect at Veeam, will speak on Wednesday, May 17, at
2:50 p.m. CDT. Register to attend the presentation here.
Availability and Pricing
The Scalar iBlade will be available in limited quantities in June, with general availability scheduled in July. List price starts at $7,900. No additional Veeam licensing is required.
DXi 3.4 software will be released next quarter, and any current DXi customers on 3.x software will be able to upgrade to this version of software to take advantage of this integration with any supported version of Veeam software. DXi4700 customers can purchase a memory upgrade kit to enable their DXi systems to support this feature.
Jason Buffington, Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"Improving the efficiency and agility of VM protection and recovery is a constant challenge for organizations of all sizes. These latest integrations in both deduplication and tape put Quantum in a unique spot with Veeam. With such a comprehensive portfolio of data protection storage offerings, Quantum is in a position to deliver some very compelling solution outcomes for Veeam customers that are looking to modernize their data protection strategy and mechanisms."
Andy Vandeveld, Vice President, Global Alliances, Veeam Software
"Quantum DXi with the integrated data mover component supports the full breadth of Veeam availability features, and Quantum Scalar tape makes it much easier for Veeam customers to implement tape out for backup environments that require it. These integrations with Quantum provide great value to Veeam customers."
Eric Bassier, Senior Director, Data Center Solutions, Quantum
"These latest innovations solidify Quantum storage as the ideal choice for Veeam environments, based on Veeam and Quantum's '3-2-1 data protection' best practices. The combination of Quantum disk and tape with Veeam Backup & Replication software enables our joint customers to keep pace with the ever-increasing challenge of growing data volumes and threats such as ransomware. Quantum's storage solutions perfectly complement Veeam's availability offerings, which combine to create a forward-looking approach to VM protection."
- For more about Quantum and Veeam for protecting virtual environments: www.quantum.com/applications/storage-for-veeam/index.aspx
- To read a Quantum-Veeam solution brief: www.quantum.com/pr/quantum-storage-for-veeam
- To attend a webinar discussing the integration of Veeam with DXi deduplication and
Scalar iBlade offerings: https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/13139/260171
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection, providing solutions for capturing, sharing and preserving digital assets over the entire data lifecycle. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workflow challenges. Quantum's end-to-end, tiered storage foundation enables customers to maximize the value of their data by making it accessible whenever and wherever needed, retaining it indefinitely and reducing total cost and complexity. See how at www.quantum.com/customerstories.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Scalar and Scalar iBlade are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Quantum advises caution in reliance on forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, 1) benefits and value to customers from solutions combining Quantum's disk and tape products with Veeam software, including the Scalar iBlade platform and DXi 3.4 software,
2) adding of DXi appliances to the Veeam user interface, 3) the availability of such products, software and solutions, and
4) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products, software and solutions. All forward-looking statements are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statement, including unexpected changes in the Company's business. More detailed information about these risk factors, and additional risk factors, are set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 2, 2017, especially those risks listed in this section under the headings "Our results of operations depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and results of operations may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
Public Relations Contact:
+1 (720) 201-8125
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quantum-announces-new-integration-with-veeam-to-deliver-more-efficient-vm-protection-300458120.html
SOURCE Quantum Corp.