CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Learning, Inc. (QLI), a leading provider of research-based sales, marketing and innovation training, and Jay Elliot, author of the book "The Steve Jobs Way" http://www.thestevejobsway.com, jointly announced today a new workshop entitled "The Path to Innovation Excellence.™" Based on Quantum Learning's research on the science of innovation and Jay Elliot's unique experience working directly with Steve Jobs as senior vice president of Apple®, the workshop will provide insight into Apple's approach to new product innovation and how attendees can apply that same insight to their business, market and competitive environment.
Designed for senior executives looking to expand their organization's capacity to develop market-leading innovations, the invitation-only event will be held April 4th, from 8:30 A.M. to 12:45 P.M., at the Boston Marriott Cambridge Hotel in Cambridge, MA. To request an invitation to the no-charge event, visit http://www.quantumlearninginc.com/hero.aspx.
"'The Path to Innovation Excellence' takes a pragmatic and disciplined look at how Steve Jobs and Apple approached the challenge of developing blockbuster products," said Fredric Marshall, founder and CEO of Quantum Learning, Inc. "For the last three years, Quantum has been studying the behaviors and practices of some of the world's most innovative market leaders and has developed a process to measurably improve an organization's ability to design, build and deliver meaningful innovations."
"Our goal is to provide an insider's view into the mind of Steve Jobs, one of the greatest business builders of all time," said Jay Elliot, author of 'The Steve Jobs Way.' "He understood how to inspire people and leverage new technologies to create products that change the future. Now, the book's insight into how Steve approached innovation excellence at every level of the business is being coupled with Quantum Learning's expertise in achieving organizational change. It's a perfect platform for helping business leaders, scientists and engineers design products that fundamentally change the basis of competition and create passionately loyal customers."
With the following agenda, workshop speakers Fredric Marshall and Jay Elliot will provide attendees with an insider's view into Apple, one of the world's most innovative companies.
- How Apple approaches innovation, including how it balances disruptive innovations like the iPhone and new iPad 3 and iCloud with sustaining innovations like longer battery life, higher resolution displays and better touch controls to deliver the world's most desirable products that "obliterate" Wall Street's expectations.
- Quantum Learning's research on the behavioral differences between one-hit wonders and those select few innovators who consistently deliver breakthrough products with world-class business results.
- The primary drivers of innovation excellence, including the Strategic Triangle -- a simple yet powerful tool for developing disruptive innovations that fundamentally change the basis of competition in your target markets.
- N-dimensional design -- a strategic approach to developing both disruptive and sustaining innovations.
- An insider's look into the mind of Steve Jobs -- how he "became the product" and cultivated a deep intuition about what people of all ages are willing to wait in line to get their hands on.
About Jay Elliot
Jay Elliot has more than 30 years of operations experience with corporate giants such as IBM, Intel and Apple Computer. During his time at Apple in the early '80s, he was a senior vice president responsible for corporate operations and worked directly for Steve Jobs. In his recently released book, "The Steve Jobs Way: iLeadership for a New Generation," which he co-authored with William Simon, Elliot shares his observations.
More recently, Elliot became the founder and CEO of Nuvel, Inc. Headquartered in Campbell, CA, Nuvel delivers software and hardware solutions that enhance productivity, provide exciting new capabilities, and improve the experience for all Internet users including enterprises, individuals, and underserved communities. Nuvel dramatically increases the speed and performance of the Internet, significantly improving last-mile connectivity and the user experience for all computing and mobile devices. For more information, visit www.nuvelinc.com.
About Quantum Learning, Inc.
Founded in 1992, Quantum Learning, Inc. provides research-based sales, marketing and innovation training for biotechnology, pharmaceutical and information technology leaders. The Newtown, PA company has consulted with and provided advanced sales, marketing and innovation solutions for some of the world's most highly respected corporations, including: Apple, Genentech, Pfizer, IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, Amgen, Novartis, AT&T, Colgate-Palmolive, Chubb & Son, Biogen Idec, and Seattle Genetics. For more information, call 215-579-0540 or visit www.quantumlearninginc.com.
SOURCE Quantum Learning, Inc.