SAN JOSE, Calif., April 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) and its StorNext® data management software won top honors for the Video Surveillance Data Storage categories in two prestigious awards at the ISC West 2017 Conference in Las Vegas. StorNext was recognized by the Security Industry Association (SIA) as category winner in the New Product Showcase (NPS). In addition, StorNext also received the Platinum Govies Government Security award given by Security Today magazine.
Sponsored by the Security Industry Association, the annual SIA NPS is one of the top accolades for product innovation in the security industry. A panel of judges evaluated StorNext 5.4 and determined the data management software was the best new data storage product offering for video surveillance.
Security Today magazine and securitytoday.com announced the 2017 Platinum and Gold winners in The Govies Government Security Awards competition. The awards honor outstanding government security products in a variety of categories. An independent panel of judges from the security industry selected the top entries in the 2017 categories and named them winners using criteria including features, innovation, user friendliness, interoperability, quality, design, market opportunity, impact on the security industry, technical advances, and scalability.
StorNext provides a unique combination of industry-leading performance, low-cost capacity and ready access for managing unstructured data. Enhancements in StorNext 5.4 include FlexTier™, which integrates existing public cloud storage accounts and third-party object storage — starting with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, NetApp StorageGRID, IBM Cleversafe and Scality RING — as tiers in a StorNext-unified namespace. It also provides embedded application deployment in StorNext appliances, leveraging industry-standard virtualization for simple integration with VMS and analytic applications, as well as data management and sharing applications.
Increasing Industry Accolades
Quantum is increasingly being recognized by video surveillance partners and industry publications alike for demonstrating technology innovation:
- Axis Communications, the market leader in network video, named Quantum 2016 Technology Partner of the Year at its 11th annual Axis Connect and Converge Conference.
- Milestone Systems, the industry-leading VMS vendor, honored Quantum with its Technology Partner of the Year award for 2016 at this year's MIPS Americas Conference, and named Quantum Best Milestone Solution Partner for 2016 in the Asia Pacific region.
- American Security Today magazine recently awarded Quantum the platinum 2016 "ASTORS" Homeland Security Award for best video data storage solution. The award recognizes outstanding product development achievements and new technologies to address growing homeland security threats.
Wayne Arvidson, Vice President, Surveillance and Security Solutions, Quantum
"Based on our many conversations with the community at ISC West about their unique security workflows, storage solutions that help customers manage the transformation of video surveillance technology and the massive influx of data are increasingly vital. It is gratifying to see StorNext recognized by leading industry voices such as SIA and Security Today for innovation in meeting this challenge."
- Read about StorNext scale-out storage: www.quantum.com/products/scale-out-storage/stornext-data-management/index.aspx
- Learn more about Quantum video surveillance solutions: www.quantum.com/solutions/video-surveillance/index.aspx
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out tiered storage, archive and data protection. The company's data management platform and tiered storage approach provide a unique combination of high performance, low-cost capacity and easy access that enables security and law enforcement professionals to address the challenges created by more cameras, higher resolutions, and increasingly sophisticated analytics. Learn more at www.quantum.com/solutions/video-surveillance/index.aspx.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, FlexTier and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Public Relations Contact:
+1 (720) 201-8125
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quantum-stornext-honored-with-sia-new-product-showcase-and-govies-awards-at-isc-west-2017-300438292.html
SOURCE Quantum Corp.