LONDON, Dec. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Mediocre weather with especially cold temperatures in the first half of July highly impacted the beverage industry with some players stating a catastrophic sales dip in July. August finally brought the long awaited summer with record temperatures, highly stimulating beverage consumption. The negative development due to mediocre weather spans all carbonated variants, even the previously rising still variants. Negative trend was seen in almost all the soft drink categories. Unfavorable weather conditions blocked growth in alcoholic and dairy drinks as well. Private Label has been under pressure throughout the year as brands and retailers running aggressive price promotions and consumer trends are working in favor of brands.
- Individual glass bottles (opposed to pool bottles) and smaller crates (six bottles instead of 12) are the latest trends within the packaged water category.
- Innovation is desperately needed to propel the enhanced water from niche towards mainstream.
- Price promotions once again remained aggressive in the carbonates category, with leading brands being occasionally discounted.
- Flavored waters have become more popular amongst adult consumers, developing (not schorle drinks though) at the expense of still drinks.
Canadean's Germany Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-16 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2016 vs Q3-2015, moving annual totals (MAT) and latest 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavor, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q3 special focus update on the latest trends in soft drinks flavors and innovation
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Germany beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Germany to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Download the full report:
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/quarterly-beverage-tracker---third-quarter-2016-germany-300380473.html