NEW YORK, July 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Packaging Corporation of America (NASDAQ: PKG). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=PKG
Highlights from our PKG Report include:
- Top-line growth - On July 21, 2015, Packaging Corporation of America released results for the second quarter of 2015. The Company generated gross profit of $323.7 million, higher than $310.8 million in Q2 2014 and $277.0 million in Q1 2015. Net sales for the period amounted to $1.45 billion, compared to $1.47 billion in the previous year quarter.
- Packaging segment performance - The Company's packaging segment recorded sales of $1.1 billion, at par with the previous year quarter level. However, segment income rose from $166.4 million in Q2 2014 to $194.6 million in Q2 2015. EBITDA for the period stood at $266.7 million, more than $253.8 million in prior year quarter.
- Paper segment results - The paper segment of the Company generated sales of $281.1 million, lower than $295.2 million in previous year quarter. In addition, the segment's income declined to $23.4 million in Q2 2015, from $33.6 million in same period last year. Further, EBITDA for the period stood at $37.1 million, a decrease from $45.9 million in the prior year quarter.
- Operating performance at glance - In Q2 2015, the Company's EBITDA was recorded at $284.4 million, less than $281.8 million in the previous year quarter. However, EBITDA excluding special items for the period stood at $287.1 million, compared to $287.3 million in Q2 2014.
- Management outlook for third quarter - Commenting on the outlook for third quarter of 2015, Mark W. Kowlzan, CEO of Packaging Corporation of America said, "Looking ahead to the third quarter, we expect higher containerboard, corrugated products and white paper shipments, lower mill annual outage costs, and lower chemical costs. White paper prices are expected to be lower with announced price changes in industry trade publications."
To find out how this influences our rating on Packaging Corporation of America read the full report in its entirety here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=PKG
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.