ANAHEIM, Calif., Sept. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: QCOR) announced today that executive management will present at the Jefferies Global Healthcare Conference to be held September 27-28, 2011 in London. Don M. Bailey, President and Chief Executive Officer, is scheduled to present an overview of the Company on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:00 a.m. BST. Mr. Bailey will utilize the Company's investor presentation that was previously filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on September 12, 2011 under Form 8-K.
"This will be our first investor conference in Europe," commented Mr. Bailey. "While Questcor's primary product, H.P. Acthar® Gel (repository corticotropin injection), is not approved for marketing outside of the United States, we look forward to discussing Questcor with European investors as we continue to experience growth of both prescriptions and net sales in our multiple sclerosis exacerbation and nephrotic syndrome markets."
A live webcast and subsequent archived replay of the presentation will be accessible at http://ir.questcor.com/events.cfm. The replay will be available for ninety days after the event.
Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company whose primary product helps patients with serious, difficult-to-treat medical conditions. Questcor's primary product is H.P. Acthar® Gel (repository corticotropin injection), an injectable drug that is approved by the FDA for the treatment of 19 indications. Of these 19 indications, Questcor currently generates substantially all of its net sales from three indications: the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis in adults, the treatment of nephrotic syndrome, and the treatment of infantile spasms in children under two years of age. With respect to nephrotic syndrome, the FDA has approved Acthar to "induce a diuresis or a remission of proteinuria in the nephrotic syndrome without uremia of the idiopathic type or that due to lupus erythematosus." Questcor is also exploring the use of Acthar to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, for which Acthar is approved as both a maintenance therapy and to treat exacerbations. Questcor is also exploring the possibility of developing markets for other on-label indications and the possibility of pursuing FDA approval of additional indications not currently on the Acthar label where there is high unmet medical need. For more information, please visit www.questcor.com.
Note: Except for the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements that have been made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements relate to future events or our future financial performance. These statements are only predictions. Actual events or results may differ materially. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Our reliance on Acthar for substantially all of our net sales and profits;
- Reductions in vials used per prescription resulting from changes in treatment regimens by physicians or patient compliance with physician recommendations;
- Our ability to generate revenue from sales of Acthar to treat on-label indications associated with NS;
- Regulatory changes or other policy actions by governmental authorities and other third parties in connection with U.S. health care reform or efforts to reduce federal and state government deficits;
- Our ability to receive high reimbursement levels from third party payers;
- An increase in the proportion of our Acthar unit sales comprised of Medicaid-eligible patients and government entities;
- Our ability to effectively manage our growth, including the expansion of our NS selling effort;
- Other risks discussed in Questcor's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and other documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The risk factors and other information contained in these documents should be considered in evaluating Questcor's prospects and future financial performance.
Questcor undertakes no obligation to publicly release the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements, which may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.
SOURCE Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.