SUN VALLEY, Idaho, July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Every July, many of the world's wealthiest and most powerful business leaders in media and technology descend upon Sun Valley, Idaho for the exclusive Allen & Company conference. While their private jets jockey for position at tiny Friedman Memorial Airport, the investment bank caters to the media moguls and tech titans with a week of behind closed door meetings where astronomical deals are born (like Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos purchasing the Washington Post after the conference). While the players may change from year-to-year, one thing remains the same—it is shrouded in secrecy and the press is shunned.
This year, Rackspace and SCOTTeVEST (SeV) are sponsoring a contemporaneous event one mile down the road: Tech on Deck. Kicking off on July 7th, the multi-day event is designed to set a new agenda for the future of business and media. Hosted by Rackspace Futurist Robert Scoble, SeV CEO Scott Jordan and the well-known photographer Thomas Hawk, Tech on Deck will be an open forum for anyone and everyone with an interest in new media and technology. SeV is also opening its doors to the press. With the best bandwidth in town, reporters will have the most comfortable place to file stories, videos and photos. It is a win-win for the media, as reporters will be able to cover Tech on Deck's cutting-edge content, as well as any news generated from the private conference. As a new media conference, Tech on Deck's founders think it only makes sense to welcome the media with food, drinks, swag, music and a great workspace!
The main broadcast sessions of Tech on Deck will be available at TechonDeck2015.com, and unscheduled broadcasts will go live with breaking news from the conference. Sessions will be broadcast via UStream, which is sponsoring Tech on Deck's enterprise-level streaming capabilities. Cisco is providing enterprise-grade collaboration endpoints and the back-end video encoding technology. NewTek TriCaster production equipment will be utilized to video-enable each session for the UStream broadcast. Syringa is contributing static IPs and bandwidth resources for the broadcasts, which will also be available on Periscope and YouTube.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015 (All Times Mountain Time)
- 8:45am: Scott Jordan, Robert Scoble, Thomas Hawk (Introducing Tech on Deck)
- 9:00am: Samir Arora, Moshe Hogeg, Jim Louderback (Media Agenda - The Changing World of Media)
- 2:00pm: Gary Shapiro (CES, Disruption, VR)
- 6:30pm: Roem Baur (Music Disruption)
- 7:00pm Claire Parr
- 8:00pm: Rowan Trollope (State of Video Collaboration)
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 (All Times Mountain Time)
- 9:45am: Scott Jordan, Robert Scoble, Thomas Hawk (Introducing Tech on Deck)
- 10:00am: Jeremiah Owyang (Digital Feudalism)
- 11:00am: Bob Rosenshein, Conno Christou, Ayelet Noff (Startups from Around the World)
- Noon: Ljuba Milijkovic (The Geeky Car)
- 1:30pm: John Engates (Cloud Storms)
- 6:00pm: Guy Kawasaki (Evangelism Shifts)
- 7:00pm: Hap Klopp (Clothing Futures)