NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Reliability and cost efficiency will drive the radio modem market"
The global radio modem market for ITS application is estimated at USD 105.1 million in 2015, and is expected reach USD 160.8 million by 2020. The radio modem market is driven by various factors such as minimal infrastructure requirements and independent and privately-owned networks. Moreover, an ITS requires wireless communications to improve its processes and is implementing wireless networks that are cost-effective, flexible, and smaller in size, thereby making radio modems the right choice for concerned applications.
"The license-free frequency type has the maximum traction during the forecast period"
Radio modems that operate at license-free frequency are expected to hold the largest share during the forecast period. The penetration of point to multi-point radios is approximately threefold as that of point to point radios, according to this market analysis. In most countries, license-free frequencies are readily available, thereby enabling easy implementation; however, at the same time, the same frequency may be used by other users, thus making it possible that the given frequency is disturbed or blocked. Even within the license-free frequencies spectrum, there are still regulatory requirements placed on the RF equipment. The TS4000 radio modem can be used without a license, but with some restrictions, in the U.S., on five specific VHF frequencies under the MURS (Multi-Use Radio System) rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
The MURS rules allow voice or data communications for personal or business activities of the general public.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. Break-up of profile of primary participants is given below as:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 20%, Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C level – 60%, Director level – 25%, Others – 15%
- By Region: North America – 10%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 40%, RoW – 30%
Intelligent transportation systems have been constantly evolving over the decades due to rapid technological advancements. ITS encompass a broad range of wireless and wireline communications-based information and electronics technologies. ITS technology-based systems are intended to facilitate the realization of optimized, efficient, smooth, comfortable transport systems to improve traffic flow and reduce bottlenecks of traffic congestion. These systems integrate modern information and communication technology into existing transportation systems.
The various key market players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Adeunis RF
2. Arada Systems, Inc.
3. ATIM Radiocommunications
4. Autotalks Ltd.
5. B&B Electronics Manufacturing Co.
6. Campbell Scientific Inc.
7. Cohda Wireless
8. Kapsch TrafficCom AG
9. Motorola Solutions, Inc.
10. Q Free ASA
11. Satel Oy
12. Schneider Electric SE
13. Wood & Douglas Limited
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the radio modem market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product develpoments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03577823-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001