CAMPBELL, Calif., Feb. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rainmaker Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: RMKR), a leading global provider of cloud-based B2B selling solutions that drive higher customer acquisition, renewals, subscriptions and educations sales for clients and their channel partners, today announced general availability of its newest version of its cloud-based B2B online selling platform.
Rainmaker's platform for global technology, software and subscription sales offers world-class features that provide its customers a significant competitive advantage, including:
- Optimized for Business-to-Business (B2B) on-line sales
- Cloud-based delivery model allows rapid implementation and deployment
- Support for global transactions in local languages and payment methods
- High flexibility and ease of integration based on fully open API architecture
- Intuitive self-administration allows clients to quickly adapt to online buying patterns
- Sophisticated recommendation engine facilitates complex logic required for maximizing B2B revenue
Rainmaker's CEO Michael Silton said, "We are very excited to announce our latest enhancements to our cloud platform. These many new capabilities are designed to drive more revenue per customer for our clients, and since Rainmaker participates in this growth through a revenue share model, this benefits both our clients and Rainmaker. This enhanced platform exposes access to some of the most popular marketing and analytics technologies into our base storefront offering to further increase our clients' revenue and shorten their online sales cycles. We have also introduced our proprietary recommendation engine to help increase average order value (AOV) through a mix of inline up-sells, cross-sells and product bundling. This new platform also integrates with LivePerson's chat solution, enabling live agents who are interacting with visitors to the website to have enhanced chat capabilities including full automatic visibility to the customer's potential transaction, history and recommendations, so that they can best assist the customer in concluding the highest value possible order."
The platform now supports default integration to many leading 3rd party providers, including:
- Live Person for built-in Live Chat
- Paid search integration with iCrossing
- Affiliate program integration with Commission Junction
- Web analytics via Omniture Technology
Other key new features include:
- Sophisticated recommendation engine
- New sales agent system enriched to support complex B2B orders
- Quote creation & management system with automated expiration
- Numerous additional global payment options
Selected features of the Rainmaker cloud platform include:
Open API architecture facilitates limitless integration options
- Easily integrate into existing web infrastructure, mobile applications and back office processes
- Hundreds of independent API calls permit granular control over integration points
- Create custom workflows to fit your customers' unique buying habits
Complete global online selling platform allows rapid deployment to worldwide markets
- Support for global currencies with multiple local payment types
- Sixteen languages and growing
- Export compliance
- Global sales tax automation
Sophisticated B2B online selling solution
- Handles complex product configurations and volume options
- Banded pricing and other pricing structures
- Purchase order and wire transfer payment methods
- Flexible reporting capabilities provide insight into web, rep and channel partner performance
Online selling model supports software licensing and digital goods distribution
- Multiple secure file delivery methods
- Support for wide range of digital file types and sizes, including multi-gigabyte
- Restrict downloads through IP address counts, overall download attempts, and/or expiration periods
- Sophisticated rules processing engine
- Export compliance
Read more online at www.rainmakersystems.com
Rainmaker Systems, Inc. is a leading global provider of cloud-based B2B selling solutions that drive higher customer acquisition, renewals, subscriptions and education sales for clients and their channel partners. Rainmaker provides these services on a consistent, global basis supporting multiple currencies and language capabilities. For more information, visit www.rmkr.com or call 800-631-1545.
NOTE: Rainmaker Systems, the Rainmaker logo, and Sunset Direct are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other service marks or trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events. These forward-looking statements are based on information available to Rainmaker as of this date and we assume no obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. These statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results could differ materially from current expectations. Among the important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements are our client concentration, as we depend on a small number of clients for a significant percentage of our revenue, the possibility of the discontinuation and/or realignment of some client relationships, general market conditions, the current difficult macro-economic environment and its impact on our business, as our clients are reducing their overall marketing spending and our clients' customers are reducing their purchase of services contracts, the high degree of uncertainty and our limited visibility due to economic conditions, our ability to execute our business strategy, our ability to integrate acquisitions without disruption to our business, the effectiveness of our sales team and approach, our ability to target, analyze and forecast the revenue to be derived from a client and the costs associated with providing services to that client, the date during the course of a calendar year that a new client is acquired, the length of the integration cycle for new clients and the timing of revenues and costs associated therewith, our ability to expand our channel hosted contract solution and drive adoption of this solution by resellers, potential competition in the marketplace, the ability to retain and attract employees, market acceptance of our service programs and pricing options, our ability to maintain our existing technology platform and to deploy new technology, our ability to sign new clients and control expenses, and the financial condition of our clients' businesses, and other factors detailed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our filings on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
SOURCE Rainmaker Systems, Inc.