SKOKIE, Ill., June 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Rand McNally today released a new edition of its Motor Carriers' Road Atlas, the #1-selling atlas for over-the-road commercial drivers. This trusted resource – featuring truck-navigable roads, trucking regulations, and low-clearances – is a must-have for professional drivers.
The new edition is available in several formats at travel centers, bookstores, and online.
"Rand McNally has been at the forefront of innovation in the trucking market with an advanced suite of navigational devices and other in-cab technology," said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. "Even as many professional drivers adopt technology to help them do their jobs – such as with electronic logging – most continue to rely on the Motor Carrier's Road Atlas as a quick reference and reliable back-up for navigation."
The new 2018 edition includes thousands of updates to the maps as well as to guidelines and regulations pertinent to professional drivers. Features include:
- Revised and updated maps of U.S. states and Canadian provinces with an overview map of Mexico;
- Updated highways showing the latest truck roadways as designated by the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), also known as designated highways;
- Coverage of select Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- A 22-page mileage directory with more than 40,000 truck-route specific, city-to-city mileages;
- Charts of state and provincial permit agency phone numbers and websites, low clearances, and weigh stations, as well as hotlines for road construction and conditions;
- Toll system contact information for each state.
The atlas is available in paperback as well as in a spiral-bound, laminated Deluxe version. There also is an updated Large Scale edition with maps that are 37 percent larger. The Large Scale Motor Carriers' Road Atlas features the U.S only, is printed on laminated pages, and has a tough spiral binding for stay-flat pages.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is transforming personal and business travel with its revolutionary connected vehicle technology and consumer electronics. Celebrating 161 years in 2017, Rand McNally's mission is to deliver innovative products and services that enrich life's journey in four key segments: Consumer Electronics, Consumer Travel, Commercial Transportation, and Education. Learn more at randmcnally.com
©2017 RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally. All rights reserved.
Rand McNally and the globe logo are registered trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rand-mcnally-publishes-its-annual-atlas-for-commercial-drivers-300468196.html
SOURCE Rand McNally