SKOKIE, Ill., April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rand McNally's 89th Edition of America's #1 Road Atlas takes to the highways this month featuring updated maps, printed links to online content, and money-saving coupons.
Rand McNally continues to evolve its iconic Road Atlas to meet the demands of an increasingly connected consumer. The 89th edition includes printed web URLs to access detailed destination information as well as mobile tags (also called QR codes) for travelers' smartphones to link to the online Best of the Road® community.
Announced by Rand McNally and USA TODAY, bestoftheroad.com is a community of road travelers reviewing the best stops on America's highways and byways, nominating the best small towns, and discussing the points of interest in and between them. Travelers should add a visit to one or more of the nominated locations this summer and experience a uniquely American small town!
New to the atlas this year as well:
- 387 city and park "inset" maps (in addition to state and province maps) – more than ever before;
- Mobile tags that provide instant access to travel videos, state-by-state overviews with suggested road trips, and the new Best of the Road® user review smartphone application. The app facilitates immediate participation in this summer's Best of the Road® program, allowing readers to share destination reviews and best small town nominations at bestoftheroad.com;
- URLs that link to the company for questions and suggestions (randmcnally.com/tellrand), as well as to a full online index (randmcnally.com/index);
- A new website feature giving the stories behind the photos on the covers of the Road Atlas line (randmcnally.com/photostories);
- An overview with photos and text of the Best Small Towns as named by Best of the Road®;
- Discount coupons for hotel stays, restaurants, and attractions often visited on road trips, making this year's atlas a money-saving tool as well.
"Rand McNally's Road Atlas continues to be a market leader and a valuable resource on the road. The 2013 atlas includes more information than ever – print and online – to help travelers plan and travel today," said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The Road Atlas line of books is available in retail and online channels in the U.S. and Canada.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the most trusted source for maps, directions, and travel content. Rand McNally's products and services include: Road travel review site bestoftheroad.com; Interactive travel referral service, tripology.com; America's #1 Road Atlas; and TripMaker® RVND™ GPS for RVers; IntelliRoute® truck routing software and navigation devices; TruckPC and the TND™ 760 Fleet Edition mobile communication solutions for the transportation industry; and the leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Consumers, businesses, truckers, and educators depend upon Rand McNally to help navigate today's world. randmcnally.com
Rand McNally, IntelliRoute, and Best of the Road are registered trademarks and RVND and TND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
SOURCE Rand McNally