LONDON, Dec. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Rat models are increasingly being used in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries for research due to the capability of rats to elucidate human disease processes. In addition, there is a striking similarity between the anatomy, physiology, and genetics of humans and rats. Advanced technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 and Zinc Finger Nucleases have enabled the generation of economically and technically feasible transgenic rat models, owing to which the rat model market is likely to grow at a higher CAGR as compared to the markets for other animal models.
The outbred rat model market accounts for the largest share of the rat model market, by type.
This large share is attributed to the high usage of outbred rat models in toxicology and safety assessment studies. However, the knockout rat model market is expected to be the fastest-growing market, due to high investments in the development of knockout rat models and the advent of technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 and Zinc Finger Nucleases.
In the rat model application market, toxicology accounts for the largest share, while the CNS segment is expected to be the fastest growing. This is owing to the better results obtained in and the reproducibility of cognitive studies that use rat models. Rats are also a better model to study CNS disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
In the coming years, the growth of the rat model market is likely to be focused on China, India, and Germany. These countries offer a wide array of opportunities for growth and are likely to serve as revenue pockets for the rat model market. All these countries offer high growth potential as compared to the mature U.S. market.
Growth in these markets is driven by rising R&D activities in China, Singapore, and India. In addition to this, the Asian countries have a low presence of animal welfare activities and thus are potential regions to outsource animal models and allied animal testing services. Thus, the Asian region is more adaptive and business-friendly due to the comparatively less stringent regulations. This has increased R&D activities in this region. The region is also a hub for preclinical trials and has witnessed high growth in the CROs industry—particularly in China, India, Korea, and Taiwan.
The report extensively covers rat models and services and rat care products used in a number of life sciences industries. The volume analysis of the market has not been provided due to wide variations in the prices of rat models.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help firms garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (Market Penetration, Product Development/Innovation, Market Development, Market Diversification, and Competitive Assessment) for reaping market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios and services offered by the top 10 players in the rat model market. The report analyzes the systems and consumables market by category/end users across geographies
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the rat model market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for rat models across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information on new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the rat model market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products and services, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the rat model market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3237770/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48