MADISON, Wis., June 30 /PRNewswire/ -- Moms, kids and families just want to have fun this summer and Rayovac has the power to make it happen! From June 21st through July 20th, the popular battery brand is empowering families to have fun through the Rayovac Powers Your Summer promotion. The promotion kicked off on June 21st – the first day of summer – and will continue daily for the next 30 days. Rayovac, together with expert moms from 5MinutesForMom.com, is offering up great summertime family tips and a chance to win great prizes each day. Rayovac is offering a daily tip and question on Facebook.com/Rayovac and at Rayovac.com/PowersYourSummer. By simply responding to daily questions at Rayovac.com/PowersYourSummer, entrants will automatically be entered for a chance to win prizes ranging from Cameras and Bikes to Camping Supplies and a Summer Supply of Rayovac Batteries.
"Rayovac is dedicated to helping moms and families power up their summer while also helping them save money," said Kent Klagos, Division Vice President Rayovac Marketing. "Rayovac batteries and products offer More Power For Your Money which puts the power back in moms' hands."
How Will Moms Power Their Summer?
According to the recent survey of moms conducted by Rayovac, many consider themselves "fun" moms (84 percent). While moms consider themselves fun, six out of ten believe having more energy would empower their families to have even more fun this summer. The survey also uncovered other "fun facts" about moms, families and the power of summer fun:
- Road Trip! – Seventy-seven percent of moms stated their families are headed on a road trip this summer.
- Name That Tune – To keep kids occupied in the car while taking a summer road trip, 60 percent of moms sing songs with their families. To give the vocal chords a rest, five out of 10 moms have their children watch movies on a portable DVD player.
- Summer Research Queen – While 29 percent of moms stated they add the power of fun to their family's summer by planning stay-at-home activities such as backyard picnics and campouts, 61 percent would rather research and participate in fun activities and events taking place in their communities.
- Losing Power – An overwhelming 75 percent of moms claim they lose power when it comes to ideas for the family over the summer.
- It Clicks – Moms take a lot of photos to capture summer memories. Fifty-two percent claim to take more than 300 photos over the summer months.
- Drip, Drop – When it rains, it still pours fun. Moms reveal they still keep the power of fun alive by participating in rainy day activities ranging from playing video games (79 percent) and watching movies or TV (99 percent) to making arts and crafts (92 percent) and taking a trip to the library (83 percent).
- Flashlight Tag You're It! – With so many toys and gadgets to choose from, 83 percent of moms use flashlights to power up summer family fun.
- Day at the Beach – Moms, kids and families will have their day at the beach this summer with 67 percent planning to visit the sand and surf.
- What a Wild Summer! – Seven out of 10 moms plan to take their families to the zoo over summer break.
About Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. is a global consumer products company and a leading supplier of batteries, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn & garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents and portable lighting. Helping to meet the needs of consumers worldwide, included in its portfolio of widely trusted brands are Rayovac(R), Remington(R), Varta(R), George Foreman(R), Black&Decker Home(R), Toastmaster(R), Tetra(R), Marineland(R), Nature's Miracle(R), Dingo(R), 8-in-1(R), Littermaid(R), Spectracide(R), Cutter(R), Repel(R), and HotShot(R).Spectrum Brands' products are sold by the world's top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in more than 120 countries around the world. Spectrum Brands Holdings' businesses generate annual revenue from continuing operations in excess of $3 billion.
Editor's note: The Rayovac Powers Your Fun survey was conducted between June 14, 2010 and June 21, 2010. 300 influential moms with young children were surveyed. For more information, contact Mary Di Brita at 708/974-0828.