NEW YORK, July 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Accordant Media (www.AccordantMedia.com) "Real-time Media Buying: Q2 Market Pulse" report released today confirms that the exchange-traded media marketplace continues to grow at a torrid pace. In addition, Accordant's research offers marketers specific insights about planning and optimizing RTB media as the channel becomes a scalable advertising tactic.
Highlights of the report include:
- Overall volume of RTB ad inventory grew 128% in Q2, 2012 vs. Q2, 2011 (up 12% vs. Q1, 2012)
- The United States, representing 47% of the total global RTB inventory, grew 90% year-over-year. Australia, France and Italy led the world in terms of inventory growth rate.
- The Canadian market accelerated in Q2 with a noticeable 20% daily volume gain following the launch of the "CPAX" premium publisher exchange initiative.
- For buyers, change in prices (CPMs) increased 3% quarter-over-quarter demonstrating strong appetites for the added RTB inventory. Ad click-through rates (CTRs) trended lower by 7%.
- In RTB mobile, impressions targeted to tablet devices grew nearly 70% year-over-year propelling mobile to a 15% share of total inventory.
Accordant's information utilizes aggregated data sets to showcase year-over-year and quarter-over-quarter trends. In Q2, Accordant Media's programmatic media buying system bid on ad impressions across 250,000 sites spanning display, video, mobile and social inventory on behalf of leading media agencies and direct marketing teams.
"In Q2, the largest RTB publishers continued to add quality inventory," says Craig Schinn, VP Analytics. "Accordant ended up fulfilling 80% of its scale programmatic buying via 51% fewer sites. This means there's a huge opportunity to customize audience-targeted programs for a variety of marketing objectives."
"Accordant is well positioned to drive results and insights for advertisers seeking access to the fast growing RTB marketplace," says Art Muldoon, Co-founder and CEO. Added Matt Greitzer, Co-founder and COO, "We hope marketers will find our assessment of the current buying landscape a useful benchmark to gauge their own level of participation in an important, dynamic component of digital media."
For a copy of the full report, please contact: Info@AccordantMedia.com
About Accordant Media
Accordant Media is an independent, on-demand media-buying and optimization specialist that makes audience targeting and biddable display media simpler and more effective for leading agencies and brand marketers. Accordant's one-stop, turnkey service, helps marketers achieve targeted, efficient advertising in a repeatable and scalable manner across paid display, video, mobile and search media. In a new complex era of cross-channel, exchange-traded media, Accordant employs both audience-based targeting as well as contextual targeting. Accordant's innovative custom audience segmentation engine, Audience Optics™, exploits micro-segmentation, finely sculpted audience insights and dynamic inventory management to produce higher ROI and customer engagement/response rates. This is done with any data set, without restrictions, helping clients gain access to dynamic inventory sources and deliver more targeted, relevant messages with 100% transparency. Co-founded by digital agency execs Art Muldoon and Matt Greitzer, Accordant Media is based in New York City.
Contact: Arthur Muldoon, +1-917-517-3345, email@example.com
SOURCE Accordant Media