MADISON, N.J., Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), the largest full-service residential real estate services company in the United States, was well represented by speakers, moderators and panelists at the recent 2016 National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals Conference in Ft. Lauderdale. Click to view a Facebook photo album featuring many of the contributions of Realogy's brand representatives outlined below.
"Across Realogy's brands and businesses, we are committed to having strong representation at industry forums that both educate real estate professionals and embrace the inclusion of the LGBT community," said Monty Smith, NRT's president of company-generated business. "I am honored to be appointed to the Advisory Board for NAGLREP, and equally privileged to work alongside real estate professionals who seek to set themselves apart from their competitors by anticipating and responding to the unique needs and interests of LGBT home buyers and sellers."
Smith is also the executive sponsor of Realogy's RealPride employee resource group, which last month hosted at Realogy's headquarters for its employees worldwide a special guest speaker, Jim Obergefell, who made a huge impact in the civil rights of marriage equality for the LGBT community across the nation following the landmark case of Obergefell v. Hodges. At the time of the landmark case, Obergefell was a sales associate affiliated with NRT's Coldwell Banker West Shell company in Ohio.
The Realogy franchise brands showed their full support through the following active roles at the NAGLREP conference:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate: Sherry Chris, president and chief executive officer of Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate LLC, and Out Leadership founder and principal Todd Sears unveiled a business brief on LGBT+ issues and the benefits of LGBT+ inclusion to the U.S. real estate market.
- Century 21 Real Estate: Alex Chaparro, director of multicultural and growth markets for Century 21 Real Estate LLC and past president of the Chicago Association of REALTORS®, presented on the art of negotiation. Panelists included Steven Norris of CENTURY 21 Triangle Group (North Carolina), and Timothy Garvey of CENTURY 21 Commonwealth (Massachusetts).
- Coldwell Banker Real Estate: Coldwell Banker sponsored a Lunch & Learn at the conference with speaker Anne Green, President & CEO, CooperKatz & Company, Inc., who talked about benefitting from the golden age of public relations. Speaker David Siroty, vice president of public relations for Coldwell Banker Real Estate, presented unique insights into the trend of Smart Homes and how real estate professionals can benefit.
- ERA Real Estate: Alexis Bolin, a top-producing sales associate affiliated with ERA Legacy Realty in Pensacola, Florida, delivered an engaging presentation about dealing with difficult people in difficult situations.
- Sotheby's International Realty: Anthony Urcinoli, manager of global operations, Sotheby's International Realty, represented the brand and its sponsorship at the conference. He is also chair of Realogy's RealPride employee resource group.
- Realogy: Carmen Mercado, director of strategic growth markets for the Realogy Franchise Group, hosted an EXPLORE breakout session on "Taking Your Career to the Next Level" at the NAGLREP conference. Panelists included: Tim Hur, director of growth markets and business consultant for Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate; Steven Norris of Century 21 Triangle Group (North Carolina); Enzo Ricciardelli of Sotheby's International Realty (California); and, Richard Shultz of Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate (Florida).
Established in 2007, the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP), a mission-driven non-profit 501(c)(3) trade association, is dedicated to providing LGBT people access to LGBT and LGBT-friendly professionals that can assist them with the home buying and selling process. http://www.naglrep.com/.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with more than 261,000 independent sales associates conducting business in 109 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy's brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/realogy-demonstrates-strong-partnership-with-national-association-of-gay--lesbian-real-estate-professionals-300356001.html
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.