MADISON, N.J., May 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), the largest full-service residential real estate services company in the United States and a global leader in real estate franchising and brokerage, began a journey more than 10 years ago to focus on external diversity marketplace efforts by forming partnerships with professional real estate associations whose ongoing missions are to improve the homeownership rates of the Hispanic, Asian-American, African-American, and LGBT communities, respectively.
At a recent global employee Town Hall webcast, a panel of Realogy's specialists discussed how the Company came to be an industry trailblazer in partnering with these professional organizations on their missions, and how these partnerships have helped Realogy to attract diverse employees, agents and consumers to its real estate brands.
The panelists, whose business roles are focused on Realogy's business initiatives to help develop these emerging growth markets, included:
John Peyton, president & CEO, Realogy Franchise Group (moderator)
Barbara Schmidt, vice president, national field programs, NRT LLC
John Thorpe, regional vice president, franchise sales, Realogy Franchise Group, South Florida Chapter Advisory Committee Member, National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
Carmen Mercado, director, strategic growth markets, Realogy Franchise Group, past president of NAHREP, board member of Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA)
Tim Hur, director, inclusion & philanthropy, Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, national treasurer/secretary elect of AREAA
Alexander Chaparro, director, multicultural and growth markets, Century 21 Real Estate LLC, past president of NAHREP
Watch this video: Highlights from Realogy Diversity Panelist discussing the Company's impact on emerging growth markets in residential real estate (6 mins.).
"Realogy continues to be at the forefront of the real estate industry's support for professional organizations that strive to educate and empower industry professionals who serve the underserved markets with the goal of increasing sustainable homeownership rates within its constituents," said Tanya Reu-Narvaez, senior vice president of human resources, Realogy Franchise Group & Corporate. "The consumer demographic is ever-changing and the industry must be prepared to serve this growing customer base."
- Realogy regularly hosts its own unique series of industry conferences, called EXPLORE, which feature thought leaders from the worlds of academia and business to discuss the impact that diverse growth markets are having on the residential real estate industry. Since 2013, the Company has hosted more than 4,000 brokers and agents at these complimentary events. For the remainder of 2017, Realogy's EXPLORE events will have the theme of "Leading Markets, Business & Growth Trends," on the following dates:
- June 22 – Washington, D.C.
- September 21 – Phoenix, Arizona
- November 5 – Chicago, Illinois (at REALTORS® Conference and Expo)
EXPLORE events are open to anyone in the real estate industry. To register for any of these three dates, contact email@example.com.
- Realogy and its brand-affiliated representatives have been prominent at a dozen diversity-focused industry conferences each year, where our executives have frequently served as chairpersons, hosts, speakers, panelists and moderators.
- Current Realogy employees include two past presidents of NAHREP, an Advisory Board member of the National Association of Gay & Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) from NRT LLC, the national treasurer/secretary elect for AREAA, and many other leadership roles in regional and local chapters.
- 48% of the 2016 AREAA top agent producers by individual sales volume are affiliated with a Realogy brand.
- Realogy had a total representation of 26% on NAHREP's Top 250 Latino agents list by units in 2016, and 12% of the Top 25 Millennial Agents.
- In 2016, the CENTURY 21® System had 38 agents on the NAHREP Top 250 Hispanic agents list, including the top two agents by sales volume and the top three agents by transaction sides. A 2016 Millward Brown consumer survey showed the C21® brand is most likely to be considered (70%) the next time Hispanics decide to buy or sell a home in the future.
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate has commissioned three studies in various partnerships: the national LGBT Home Buyer and Seller Survey in partnership with NAGLREP, a national Hispanic Women Survey in partnership with NAHREP, and the Feng Shui Survey in partnership with AREAA.
- At the time of the landmark case that legalized marriage equality for the LGBT community across the United States, the plaintiff was a Coldwell Banker-affiliated agent whose company rallied around him, and who has since spoken to Realogy employees about his personal story behind the groundbreaking case as well as authored a book, "Love Wins" about it. Coldwell Banker is a supporter and sponsor of NAGLREP events.
- Over the years, Sotheby's International Realty Affiliates top executives have co-chaired Summits and conferences for AREAA and participated in international forums with AREAA.
- ERA is the corporate partner of The EDGE, the AREAA young leaders network, and ERA provides training sessions and networking opportunities for the EDGE group. Also, an ERA affiliate had the most Top Latino agents from any single office on the NAHREP Top 250 list.
Realogy Speakers and Sponsors at 2017 Industry Events
Below is the current schedule of industry events that includes representatives of Realogy and its brands as hosts, speakers, panelists, and moderators, or chairs of these events:
- NAR Legislative Meetings and Trade Expo – Washington, D.C. (May 15 – 20)
- NAHREP Hispanic Wealth Building Fundamentals – San Diego, California (May 24)
- NAREB National Conference – New Orleans, Louisiana (July 30 – August 1)
- NAHREP National Convention & Latin Music Festival – Dallas, Texas (September 10 – 12)
- AREAA National Convention – San Diego, California (September 28 – 30)
- NAGLREP National Conference – Palm Springs, California (October 17 – 19)
- NAR REALTORS® Conference and Expo – Chicago, Illinois (November 3 – 5)
- AREAA Leadership Summit – Dana Point, California (February 16 – 18)
- NAHREP Policy Conference – Washington, D.C. (March 27 – 29)
- AREAA Global & Luxury Summit – Miami, Florida (April 21 – 23)
- AREAA Policy Summit (May 15 – 17)
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 14,200 offices with approximately 274,500 independent sales associates conducting business in 113 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy's brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/realogy-diversity-panelists-discuss-companys-impact-on-emerging-growth-markets-in-residential-real-estate-300461489.html
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.