MADISON, N.J., May 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- For the sixth consecutive year, Realogy has earned CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ re-accreditation for maintaining a strong commitment to the health of its employees and satisfying the latest, comprehensive requirements of the Gold Standard.
Click to tweet: Commitment to health: @Realogy earns CEO Cancer Gold Standard accreditation for 6th consecutive year. #wellness
As part of its dedication to employee health and well-being, Realogy:
- Developed a cumulative year-long incentive campaign in 2016 to boost month-over-month employee engagement in wellness activities, webinars and videos — and posted more than 100 blog entries to promote them all. The results demonstrated improvements in employee nutrition, physical activity, weight management, tobacco cessation, mind-body wellness and general health awareness.
- Offers free preventive care, including vaccinations and annual physicals, to employees enrolled in the Company's benefit plan, as well as access to the Quit for Life tobacco cessation program and the Weight Talk weight management program.
- Provides covered employees and their dependents free preventive screening services for breast, colorectal and cervical cancer.
- Ensures that health benefit plans provide coverage for individuals who elect to participate in cancer clinical trials, and access to cancer treatment at Commission on Cancer-accredited programs and/or National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers.
- Sustains a workplace culture that recognizes the needs of employees who are cancer survivors or caregivers of cancer survivors.
"We are proud to be an employer that takes a strong stand on providing access to wellness programs that our employees are using to their fullest advantage," said Richard A. Smith, Realogy's chairman, chief executive officer and president. "It is commendable for the CEO Roundtable on Cancer to ask companies to do more to promote the health and well-being of their employees, and we are committed to being a part of those efforts."
The CEO Roundtable on Cancer, a nonprofit organization of CEOs, founded by former President George H.W. Bush, created the Gold Standard to recognize employers for taking exceptional health and wellness measures on behalf of their employees.
To earn Gold Standard accreditation, an employer must take concrete actions to reduce the risk and burden of cancer: prohibit tobacco use and support tobacco cessation efforts; promote physical activity, healthy nutrition and weight management; provide health insurance options that include detecting cancer at its earliest stages, access to quality care and participation in cancer clinical trials; promote employee awareness of these initiatives; and support the needs of cancer survivors in the workplace.
About The CEO Roundtable on Cancer
The CEO Roundtable on Cancer was founded in 2001, when former President George H.W. Bush challenged a group of executives to "do something bold and venturesome about cancer within your own corporate families." The CEOs responded by creating and encouraging the widespread adoption of the CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ which calls for organizations to evaluate their health benefits and workplace culture and take extensive, concrete actions in five key areas of health and wellness to address cancer in the workplace. For more information, please visit www.CancerGoldStandard.org.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising and brokerage with many of the best-known industry brands including Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty® and ZipRealty®. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 14,200 offices with approximately 274,500 independent sales associates conducting business in 113 countries and territories around the world. NRT LLC, Realogy's company-owned real estate brokerage, is the largest residential brokerage company in the United States, operates under several of Realogy's brands and also provides related residential real estate services. Realogy also owns Cartus, a prominent worldwide provider of relocation services to corporate and affinity clients, Title Resource Group (TRG), a leading provider of title, settlement and underwriting services and ZapLabsSM, its innovation and technology development subsidiary. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, New Jersey.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/realogy-earns-ceo-cancer-gold-standard-re-accreditation-for-sixth-consecutive-year-300462322.html
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.