PRESCOTT, Ariz., May 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Realty Executives Northern Arizona has been selected to market for sale one of the world's most unique residential properties. Located in Prescott, Arizona, the Pal Residence has held four residential architecture world records including the tallest single family residence on earth at 124 feet and one for its unconventional heating and cooling systems that utilize passive solar for winter heat and micro climate and convective cooling in the summer.
Built on the slope of Thumb Butte, Prescott's most famous landmark, the 6,200 square foot house, known as Falcon Nest, was designed by its owner, Phoenix architect Sukumar Pal, who specializes in energy efficient homes. Falcons are often seen flying around Thumb Butte and the home resembles a large bird's nest perched on the side of the mountain. The nine-story (tower top is 10th) residence, was built in 1994, and has been featured on HGTV's Extreme Homes. Falcon Nest is priced at $2.8 million. To see a video of the home, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGkIQOeO7Bg
"As Prescott's leading brokerage, we are thrilled with the opportunity to showcase such an extraordinary home. The buyer will likely be as exceptional as the home itself and will appreciate the one-of-a-kind nature of this home," said Realty Executives Northern Arizona owner Don Bonnell.
Pal chose the rocky hillside on the west side of Prescott after surveying 200 sites throughout Arizona, He wanted to build a home as tall as possible, to create the chimney effect that is paramount to the natural heating and cooling of the home, while providing the most amazing views. Prescott is located in the mountains of north central Arizona (5,347 Feet above sea level), and borders the Prescott National Forest to the south and west, and is nestled amid the largest stand of ponderosa pines in the world. The home offers captivating views of wildlife and approaching storms. Prescott is approximately 90 minutes from Phoenix and is an easy drive from southern California.
Some of the unique aspects of this home:
- Building has two structural systems – massive concrete on the lower structure for stability and light welded tubular in the upper space frame.
- The 3,200 square foot main living space, called a solarium, is 60 feet in the air. This floor sits at 5,900 feet above sea level.
- The chimney effect of the tower construction causes heat to rise in the summer and vent out, while capturing it in the winter.
- Commanding views of Thumb Butte, and the San Francisco Peaks 90 miles away.
- Structural materials of steel and concrete blocks are used as finish surfaces inside and out.
- All exterior roof, floor, balcony surfaces are automatically cleaned by prevailing winds.
- The four overhangs at the 6th floor protect the balconies below, like an umbrella.
"This is such a novel property we know there will be tremendous interest, but we need to protect the property and privacy of the home owner and neighbors. We therefore ask that only qualified parties who have a legitimate interest in the property request details and showings," said Bonnell. To contact Realty Executives Northern Arizona Prescott office, call toll free at 800-778-7891 or visit the website at www.RealtyExecutivesAZ.com. Realty Executives Northern Arizona is Prescott's most successful real estate brokerage with high producing professional agents, including the group that has this exclusive listing. Contact The Ray Team at 928-379-3100 or on their website: www.PrescottAreaLiving.com.
Martha Moyer Wagoner
SOURCE Realty Executives Northern Arizona