ORLANDO, Fla., July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- RedChip Companies, Inc. ("RedChip"), an international small-cap research, investor relations, and media company, issued a research profile on PositiveID Corporation (OTCQB: PSIDD).
To receive a complimentary copy of the RedChip Research Profile for PositiveID, please visit http://www.redchip.com/assets/reports/PSID_ResearchProfile_20160718.html
- PSID is developing the Firefly Dx, a hand-held point of need molecular diagnostic system that delivers results in under 30 minutes. This cartridge based system, when completed, will be faster, fully automated and far less costly than existing lab based testing.
- The Infectious disease diagnostic market is expected to grow at CAGR 7.9% to reach $18.16 billion by 2019.
- Acquisitions have led to projected 2016 revenue guidance of $5-$6 million, representing a potential YoY revenue increase of 100%
- Increased threats of Bioterrorism sparked the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to deploy the Bio-watch program for automated bio-threat detection; M-BAND has the potential to generate significant revenue and net income for PSID
- The Firefly Dx System is highly attractive from an economic perspective at an estimated price of $5,000 per unit, and at volumes, $1,000 per unit
- Pursuing a government contract or commercial partner to help fund final development of smaller, field-able Firefly Dx prototype for testing by third parties to prepare for commercialization
- Mobile Lab business completed 80 projects in the first half of 2016
- Recently acquired the Caregiver non-contact, infrared thermometer, marketed by Thermomedics; the global thermometer market is projected to reach $1 billion by 2020, with infrared thermometers experiencing the fastest growth driven in part by concerns over the spread of highly infectious diseases
- Recent global Epidemic outbreaks like Ebola and Zika remain a major public health concern in the United States and around the world
PositiveID is a life sciences tools and diagnostics company with an extensive patent portfolio. PositiveID develops biological detection and diagnostics systems and mobile technology vehicles, with a focus on point-of-need bio-threat detection, rapid medical testing, and homeland security. The Company's products lower the cost, reduce the time needed to administer the test/perform the service, and/or provide more sensitive/specific test results relative to current competing solutions.
To learn more about PositiveID visit http://www.redchip.com/company/healthcare/PSID/318/psid
About RedChip Companies
RedChip Companies, an Inc. 5000 company, is an international investor relations, media, and research firm focused on small-cap and mid-cap companies. For 23 years, RedChip has delivered concrete, measurable results for its clients. Our digital magazine, the RedChip Money Report is delivered on-line weekly to 60,000 investors. RedChip has developed the most comprehensive service platform in the industry for small-cap and mid-cap companies. These services include the following: a worldwide distribution network for its stock research written by analysts holding the CFA designation; retail and institutional roadshows in major U.S. cities; outbound marketing to stock brokers, RIAs, institutions, and family offices; a digital media investor relations platform that has generated over 2.3 million unique investor views; quarterly global online institutional and retail investor conferences that reach over 10,000 investors annually, a globally-televised show, "The RedChip Money Report," which airs in 160 million homes in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Australia on the Bloomberg network, and in the U.S. on Newsmax TV (available on DIRECTV and Dish Network); TV commercials in local and national markets; corporate and product videos; website design; and traditional investor relation services, which include press release writing, development of investor presentations, quarterly conference call script writing, strategic consulting, capital raising, and more.
SOURCE RedChip Companies, Inc.