IRVINE, Calif., Sept. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- With the furniture industry responsible for approximately 15 percent of Earth's deforestation, a new company, Reforest Design, (https://reforestdesign.com/), is addressing these environmental concerns through its innovative furniture design, material, and manufacturing. The result of Reforest Design's vision is a new furniture line with a signature modular system that could be applied to all upholstery styles.
The materials used in Reforest Design's furniture consist of sustainably manufactured pressed bamboo and upholstery that combines 100 percent natural latex foam with natural and recycled fabrics. The signature modular frame system allows for easy repair, endless customization, and longevity. By using sustainably manufactured pressed bamboo, instead of wood, teamed with sustainable upholstery and an easy repair system, Reforest Design seeks to revolutionize the furniture industry.
"Through good design, we can reduce global furniture waste and preserve Earth's forests, on which all life on our planet depends," said Ewelina Pankowska, founder of Reforest Design. "Our furniture is made of new sustainable materials and every piece of furniture is designed to be repairable, replaceable, and recyclable."
The Reforest Design furniture line will include chairs, tables, stools, and dining sets that are FSC, CE, CARB, and ISO certified. All items come flat-packed for assembly with hardware that is simple, easy and intuitive which allows for shipping across North America and repair of interchangeable parts.
The sustainable and eco-friendly benefits of Reforest Design furniture include:
- Wood-Free Material: Reforest Design uses manufactured pressed bamboo, which has greater strength than most hardwoods, can be harvested within two years and produces 30 percent more oxygen than a tree during its lifespan.
- Thousands Of Customizable Options: Constantly upgrade your furniture with an upholstery tile archive where you and other artists around the world can submit artwork for creating customized upholstery tiles.
- Replaceable and Interchangeable Upholstery Tiles: Each upholstery tile has mortises and grooves, allowing for easy sliding between furniture frames, with a removable key for locking everything into place. Simply remove the key and slide away to exchange tiles for repair.
- Trading Post and Recycling Program: Trade upholstery tiles with friends or the online Reforest community and recycle tiles that you no longer desire.
- Greenguard Certified Fabrics: Recycled and natural fabrics are used in Reforest Design's manufacturing, reducing the release of potentially harmful chemicals, and protecting the health of you and your fellow Reforest Design furniture connoisseurs.
- Lifetime Repair Service: You can replace each frame part, so your furniture can last generations. Reforest Design furniture will not end up in the dump.
- Online Design and Shipping: An interactive website will be made available, enabling you to preview your design ideas with our design interface. Your furniture will be delivered right to your home.
Reforest Design has launched a Kickstarter campaign, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1397425842/1700860751?ref=553290&token=e5f144cf, to spread awareness about the company's products among consumers and the investment community.
ABOUT REFOREST DESIGN
Ewelina Pankowska has been designing and making furniture for many years and has continued to challenge the current furniture industry. Her background in the furniture industry has led her to ensure that every product from Reforest Design is focused on comfort, quality, longevity, ease of repair, creative expression, production ethics, and preserving our natural world. Learn more at https://reforestdesign.com/.
SOURCE Reforest Design