SAN DIEGO, May 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The registration deadline has been extended until May 22 for the Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO) 2013 National Conference, the premier conference for bioscience financial officers. The conference will be held May 28-31 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
"We are putting the finishing touches on this year's conference and want to make sure as many people as possible have the opportunity to attend," said Brandi Roberts, Chief Financial Officer of Mast Therapeutics, Inc. and the 2013 National Conference Chair.
More than 140 financial leaders from life sciences companies have already registered for the conference. The theme for the 2013 National Conference is "Creating and Capturing Value in Bioscience." The conference includes keynote speakers and breakout sessions all with a focus on value beyond just the areas of finance and accounting, encompassing operational excellence, business development, regulatory expertise and team building.
Through keynote addresses and breakout sessions, ABFO will welcome numerous speakers, including:
- Michael Abrashoff, Former Navy Commander and Author
- Brian Baker, VP of Finance, Cleave Biosciences
- Robert Baltera, Former CEO, Amira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Daniel Bradbury, Former CEO, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- David Conway, Sr. Director Clinical Operations, Halozyme Therapeutics
- Brian Culley, CEO, Mast Therapeutics, Inc.
- Karin Eastham, Board Member – MorphoSys AG, Trius Therapeutics, Illumina, Crosswalk Press LLC, Geron
- Mark Foletta, Former CFO, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alan Fuhrman,Chief Financial Officer, Ambit
- Koji Fukumura, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Carol Gallagher, Former President and CEO of Calistoga Pharmaceuticals
- Greg Guarasci, Sr. VP of Clinical Operations, PRA International
- Hans-Peter Guler, Sr. VP Clinical Development, Endocrine & Cardiovascular, INC. Research
- Faheem Hasnain, President and CEO, Receptos
- Kent Hawryluk, CEO, Tall Ship Group, LLC
- Robert Hoffman, Senior Vice President, Finance and CFO, Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Gary A. Holden, Director of Information Technology, Vical Incorporated
- Jason Kent, Partner, Cooley LLP
- Moisha Platto, VP Proposals & Finance, PRA International
- Dr. Stanley Rockson, Chief of Consultative Cardiology at Stanford University School of Medicine
- Killu Sanborn, Oxford Finance
- Tamara A. Seymour, CFO, HemaQuest Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Armen B. Shanafelt, Ph.D., Venture Partner, Lilly Ventures
- Larry Smith, FASB Member
- Phil Schneider, Former CFO, IDEC Pharmaceuticals
- Lisa Thompson, Associate Director of Lean Enterprise Center of Excellence, Hologic | Gen-Probe
- Will Waddell, Sr. Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Robert Williamson, Founder, LaSalle Venture Advisers, Former Director, Pharmasset
- Troy Wilson, President and CEO, Wellspring Biosciences LLC
- Jerry Wright, Senior Vice President of Lean and Enterprise Excellence, DJO Global
Registration can be completed online at www.abfointernational.org/conference through May 22, 2013. The cost to attend the conference is $1,300, and up to 18 hours of continuing education credits are available. For more information about the conference, contact Brandi Roberts at [email protected].
Sponsors of the event include AON, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Brinson Patrick, Ernst & Young, Oxford Finance and Cooley LLP. The conference is also supported by Russo Partners, PR Newswire and BioCentury.
About the Association of Bioscience Financial Officers
Formed in 1989, the Association of Bioscience Financial Officers has eleven chapters that serve as forums for the exchange of information about the industry and networking. Regional chapters are based in top bioscience concentrations to allow for face-to-face meetings and discussion of hot topics of interest to bioscience financial officers. The regional chapters meet annually for the ABFO National Conference for extended networking. For more information, visit www.abfointernational.org.
SOURCE Association of Bioscience Financial Officers