NEW YORK, Jan. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
The written premium of the US reinsurance segment increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% during the review period (2009–2013). This growth was partially due to positive growth in the personal accident and health segment during the review period. The treaty reinsurance category accounted for 86.1% of total reinsurance written premiums in 2013, with facultative reinsurance accounting for the remaining 13.9%. Economic improvements and projected positive growth in the insurance industry are expected to drive the reinsurance segment over the forecast period. Government increases in flood insurance rates provide opportunities for private insurers and reinsurers, which will also support growth over the forecast period (2013–2018). The segment's written premium is projected to record a CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period. The treaty reinsurance category is expected to account for 87.5% of the total reinsurance written premium in 2018, while facultative reinsurance is expected to account for the remaining 12.5%.
The report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into the US reinsurance segment, including:
- The US reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance category
- Key trends and drivers for the reinsurance segment
- US reinsurance segment's growth prospects by reinsurance ceded from direct insurance
- The competitive landscape in the US reinsurance segment
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the reinsurance segment in the US:
- It provides historical values for the US's reinsurance segment for the report's 2009–2013 review period, and projected figures for the 2013–2018 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the US's reinsurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2018.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance ceded from various direct insurance segments in Used its growth prospects.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the US reinsurance segment and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities in the US reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics in key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US insurance industry, and their impact on companies and the industry's future
- Reinsurance in the US grew during the review period: its written premium increased in 2013, at a review-period CAGR of 3.5% .
- The US reinsurance segment grew at a CAGR of 3.0% during the review period.
- In terms of gross written premium, treaty reinsurance accounted for 86.1% of the US reinsurance segment in 2013, while facultative reinsurance represented 13.9%.
- The capital structure of the US reinsurance segment is changing, with increasing supplies of alternative capital from private equity and pension funds, rather than traditional sources such as debt and equities.
- The National Risk Retention Association (NRRA), which became effective in July 2011, says a US reinsurer's state of domicile is the sole regulator of the reinsurer's solvency.
- The US government's National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood cover for five years for flood-prone regions.
- Non-life insurers ceded the highest percentage of their premium to reinsurance in 2012, with 47.2%, followed by life insurers with 25.3% and personal accident and health insurers with 16.7%.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02052168-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001