NEW YORK, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
IEMR's Global Handset Market Share and Forecast is one of the most comprehensive database of its kind in the world, and it covers 28 vendors in 15 countries and 6 regional markets. We provide estimates and forecasts at the country level based on primary field research undertaken in these markets as part of IEMR's Global Consumer Telecommunications and Global Enterprise Telecommunications Surveys. To this comprehensive dataset, we are adding a PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of key trends in the global handset vendor market. The database provides quarterly historical and forecast data starting in 2Q.2004 and ending in 2Q.2012, and annual data from 2005 to 2011F.
The companies covered include: Alcatel, Apple Inc., BenQ, Casio, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HTC, Huawei, Kyocera Corporation, Lenovo, LG, Electronics Inc., Mitsubishi Corporation, Motorola, Inc., NEC Corporation, Ningbo Bird Co.,Ltd., Nokia Oyj, Palm Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Pantech & Curitel Communication, Inc., Philips, Research In Motion Limited, Sagem Wireless, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SANYO Electric Co., Ltd., Sharp Corporation, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, Toshiba, and ZTE Corporation.
Why you should buy this report:
By purchasing this report, you will receive an Excel file with 27 datasheets: 6 regional forecasts, 20 country forecasts, and a global forecast. In each datasheet, we cover Handset Shipments by Vendor (Thousands of Units), Handset Shipments Growth (YoY), Handset Shipments (Market Share, %), YoY Change in Handset Shipments Market Share (bps), Top 6 Suppliers Handset Shipments (Thousands of Units), and Top 6 Suppliers Handset Shipments Market Share (%). The Excel file also has 27 charts of "Handset Shipments by Top 6 Suppliers" – one for each country and region.
In addition, the Excel file contains a Pivot Table which enables you to select specific metrics and customize the results based on country/region and handset supplier. This allows for quick access to desired data, the ability to quickly benchmark supplier metrics across regions, saving the time typically wasted scrolling through the data and allowing for comparisons across countries and suppliers.
You will also receive a PowerPoint presentation which provides insights into the global mobile handset market. Overall, IEMR's Global Handset Market Share and Forecast provides answers to all of the following questions:
• What are the key trends in the global mobile handset market? How will this market grow over the next two years?
• Which region/country has the fastest growing mobile handset market in the world? What are the key trends in each region/country?
• How many mobile handsets will a specific handset supplier ship in each country/region?
• Which handset suppliers are the Top 6 suppliers in each region/county and how will this change over the next eight quarters?
This report will be useful to:
• Strategists and analysts at mobile handset suppliers responsible for handset strategy development and business analytics
• Device manufacturers in all areas of the telecommunications market that need strategy recommendations on key trends in the global mobile handset industry
• Financial analysts and portfolio managers covering firms in the mobile handset market
• Consultants advising their clients on mobile handset markets
• Researchers who need to gain a better understanding of the global mobile handset market
Global Handset Shipments to rise to 1.43 billion in 2011, up 19.2% from 2009 levels
Global Mobile Handset Shipments to rise to 1.43 billion in 2011
- Globally, we are expecting the number of handset shipments to rise from 1.20 billion in 2009 to 1.43 billion in 2011.
- Although global handset shipment growth (YoY) was negative in 2009, 2010 has so far seen robust shipment growth announcements from vendors.
- Our model is forecasting annual growth rates of 8% - 10% over the forecast period, 2010 – 2011.
Nokia will maintain market share of above 35% over the next two years
Samsung's market share will be increasing over the forecast period
- Top handset suppliers in the global market are Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Motorola and Research In Motion.
- The largest vendor by shipments continues to be Nokia. We forecast that Nokia will have a market share of 36.3% in 2011, with handset shipments of 518.3 million in 2011.
- We expect that Samsung, the second largest handset vendor globally, will increase its market share from the current 19.9% to 20.5% in 2011, with handset shipments of 293 million by the end of next year.
Asia Pacific is the Largest Regional Handset Market
Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa will experience faster growth than other regional handset markets over the next two years
- Over 40% of the global handset shipments is for the Asia Pacific market. We forecast that the regional share of global handset shipments will be approximately 45% in June 2012.
- We also forecast that the emerging markets in Middle East and Africa will see their shares in the global handset market increase over the next eight quarters.
Handset Shipments in North America to rise to 182.6 million in 2011
Samsung is the leader in the North American Mobile Handset Market
- In North America (United States and Canada), the Top-6 handset suppliers are: Samsung, LG, Research In Motion, Motorola, Apple and HTC. The market dynamics in North America are clearly different from the overall global market where Nokia is the dominant leader.
- We forecast that Samsung will have handset shipments of 50.9 million in North America in 2011 (market share of 28%).
- In our view Nokia, with its current 6% market share in the North American market has a long way to go before it can start displacing the market leaders there.
Handset Shipments in South and Central America to rise to 113.3 million in 2011
Market Shares of LG and Samsung to increase over the next two years
- Top 6 vendors in South and Central America are Nokia, LG, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and Alcatel.
- We forecast that Nokia will ship 36.7 million handsets in 2011, taking market share of 32.4% in this regional market.
- LG and Samsung will each have handset shipments of approximately 23 million in 2011, tied neck and neck for the second place spot in this regional market.
Handset Shipments in Western Europe to rise to 223.5 million in 2011
Nokia and Samsung together continue to have a dominant market share lead in Western Europe
- The Top 6 handset suppliers in Western Europe are: Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, and Apple.
- We forecast that Nokia will ship 73.2 million handsets in Western Europe in 2011, taking market share of 32.8%.
- Our model forecasts that Samsung will have handset shipments of 59.6 million in 2011, taking market share of 26.7%.
Handset Shipments in Eastern Europe to rise to 123.2 million in 2011
Mobile Handset Shipments in Eastern Europe to rise to 123.2 million in 2011
- Unlike the other regional markets, small suppliers have very little market share in Eastern Europe; Nokia, Samsung, and LG, together with Sony Ericsson continue to take above 95% market share in the Eastern European handset market.
- We forecast that Nokia's handset shipments in Eastern Europe will rise to 66.4 million in 2011, taking market share of 54%.
- Our model also predicts that Samsung will ship 32.9 million handsets in 2011, taking market share of 26.7%.
Handset Shipments in Asia Pacific to rise to 617.8 million in 2011
Mobile Handset Shipments in Asia Pacific to rise to 617.8 million in 2011
- Top 6 handset vendors in the Asia Pacific region are: Nokia, Samsung, ZTE, LG, Sony Ericsson and Huawei.
- Nokia is the #1 supplier in both China and India. We forecast that Nokia's handset shipments in Asia Pacific will rise to 222.6 million in 2011 (market share of 36%).
- In Japan, the Top 3 handset suppliers are Sharp, Fujitsu, and Panasonic. We forecast that Sharp will continue to have approximately 24% market share in the Japanese market.
- In South Korea, the Top 3 handset vendors are Samsung, LG, and Pantech & Curitel. We forecast that Samsung's handset shipments in Korea will rise to approximately 11.8 million.
Handset Shipments in Middle East and Africa to rise to 167.8 million in 2011
Nokia will continue to be the dominant leader in Middle East and Africa
- Nokia has handset market share of over 60% in Middle East and Africa. Our model forecasts that Nokia will ship 28.4 million handsets in this region in 2011, taking market share of 63.6%.
- The second largest vendor is Samsung. We forecast that Samsung's handset shipments will rise to 8.7 million in 2011 (market share of 19.4%).
Regions Covered in this Forecast
South and Central America
Middle East and Africa
Countries Covered in this Forecast
Rest of South and Central America
Rest of Western Europe
Rest of Eastern Europe
Rest of Asia Pacific
Rest of Middle East and Africa
Companies Covered in this Forecast
Alcatel / TCT Mobile / TCL Communication
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Ningbo Bird Co.,Ltd.
Pantech & Curitel Communication, Inc.
Research In Motion Limited
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB
Series Covered for each Country and Region: Quarterly data available from 2Q.2004 - 2Q.2012F; Annual data available from 2005 - 2011F
Handset Shipments by Vendor (Thousands of Units)
Handset Shipments Growth (YoY)
Handset Shipments (Market Share, %)
YoY Change in Handset Shipments Market Share (bps)
Top 6 Suppliers Handset Shipments (Thousands of Units)
Top 6 Suppliers Handset Shipments Market Share (%)
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626