NEW YORK, Feb. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Antifungals Market to 2016 - Promising Antifungals in Pipeline Includes Novel Azoles, Polyenes and Echinocandin
GBI Research, a leading business intelligence provider, has released its latest research "Antifungals Market to 2016 - Promising Antifungals in Pipeline Includes Novel Azoles, Polyenes and Echinocandin", which provides insights into antifungals sales and price forecasts until 2016. The report examines global treatment usage patterns of antifungals therapies. The geographical distribution of antifungals therapies across the US, the top five countries in the European region and Japan are also provided in the report. The report includes insights into the antifungals R&D pipeline and potential future blockbusters up to 2016. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the top three antifungals therapeutic indications, which are aspergillosis, dermatophytosis and candidiasis. It also includes the market forecasts and treatment usage patterns of these three therapeutic indications. The report explores the competitive landscape including top companies benchmarking, and the key trend analysis on Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and licensing agreements involving antifungals therapies are also presented. In-depth analysis of the report is based on propriety databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of experts. GBI Research's analysis showed that the global antifungals market was estimated at $7.4 billion in 2009, with a year-on-year growth rate of 2.3% between 2001 and 2009. The antifungals market is dominated by target therapeutics, which is more efficient and safe when compared to other conventional therapies. GBI Research forecasts that the market will grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 1.9% between 2009 and 2016 to record a sales value of $8.4 billion. The patent expiry of the major drugs has also paved the way for the entry of generics.
The scope of this report includes -
- Annualized market data for the antifungals market from 2001 to 2009, with forecasts to 2016.
- Market analysis for the three major indications in the global antifungals market which includes Aspergillosis, Dermatophytosis and Candidiasis.
- Data and analysis on the antifungals market in the leading geographies of the world – the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- The competitive landscape of the global antifungals market including SWOT analysis
- Key M&A activities and licensing agreements that took place in 2008 and 2009 in the antifungals market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious..
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626