NEW YORK, June 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Gastrointestinal Disorder Therapeutics to 2016 - High Unmet Needs Triggering Strong Growth in Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Markets
GBI Research's report, "Gastrointestinal Disorders Therapeutics to 2016 - High Unmet Needs Triggering Strong Growth in Crohn's Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Markets", provides in-depth analysis of the unmet needs, drivers and barriers that affect the global gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market. It analyzes the markets for gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics in the US, the top five countries in Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain) and Japan. Treatment usage patterns, sales, price and volume are forecast until 2016 for the key geographies as well as the leading therapeutic segments. Further, the report provides competitive benchmarking for the leading companies and analyzes the mergers, acquisitions and licensing agreements that shape the global markets.
It is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
GBI Research finds that the gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market will decline during the period 2009-2016. This decline is primarily driven by the negative growth of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) therapeutics market which is attributed to loss of drug patents and entry of generics. However, other key gastrointestinal disorders such as crohn's disease and irritable bowels syndrome therapeutics market will continue to grow due to strong late stage pipeline that will address the unmet needs. The global gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market is a highly fragmented market and big players are facing stiff competition. The forthcoming patent expiries of major drugs have increased the competition, driving the consolidation further. The increasing pressure has also driven companies to enter into licensing agreements. This allows companies to expand product portfolio and improve their competitive positions in the market.
The scope of this report includes:
- Annualized market data for the gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward to 2016
- Analysis of the leading therapeutic segments. These include crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Analysis of the gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market in the leading geographies of the world, which include the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan
- Market characterization of the gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market including market size, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage patterns
- Key drivers and barriers that have a significant impact on the market
- Coverage of pipeline molecules in various phases of drug development
- Competitive benchmarking of leading companies. The key companies studied in this report are AstraZeneca, Takeda pharmaceutical company Ltd., Eisai pharmaceuticals Nycomed, Pfizer Inc, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis AG, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Key M&A activities, licensing agreements, that have taken place between 2008 and 2009 in the global gastrointestinal disorder therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to
- Align product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the leading therapeutic segments and geographic markets poised for strong growth
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first in class molecules with more efficiency and better safety
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding key focus areas of leading companies
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that could fill portfolio gaps
Intl: +1 805-652-2626