NEW YORK, April 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The year 2010 proved to be quite eventful for the global analytical instrument industry. During the year the industry witnessed a number of M&A deals, leaving analysts and insiders contemplating future industry structure and positioning of the players. Most of these deals were focused on the acquisition of products and entry in emerging markets, indicating a healthy competition among players. In 2010, the market was anticipated to generate revenues worth USD 40 billion posting a growth of over 5 per cent over the past year. However, looking ahead at the expanding target market segment, it can be said that the industry will grow at a much higher pace than current.
The report "Global Analytical Instruments Market – A Competitive Landscape Study" provides a competitive landscape of the industry, detailing the performance of leading companies. Particularly highlighted is the positioning of the players with a view to understand their readiness to grasp opportunities prevailing in the market. Also included is a SWOT analysis of top performing companies to help readers in understanding their overall strategic position and business environment.
The objective of this report is to understand the overall analytical instrument industry dynamics and identify the opportunities existing in the market. The content in the report is useful for companies and investors both looking to enter or already existing in the market. Further, the report also highlights strategies adopted by various companies which will be helpful for new entrants as well as existing players.
Key finding of the report include:
• The top 25 industry players account for more than 60 per cent of the total market sales, indicating the fact that the market is quite consolidated. However, there are more than 100 companies working in different geographical regions.
• There has been significant change in the industry's structure in the last five years there have been drastic changes in top 25 players list owing to major acquisitions and partnerships. Players in the industry have been adopting aggressive strategies for market expansion. For instance, Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems Inc. merged in 2008 to form the current global leading company 'Life Technologies'.
• Life Science has been the biggest market segment for global analytical instrument industry with almost 50 per cent of the overall players already working in this segment at present. With increasing innovation, the segment is anticipated to continue its dominance.
Please note that this report will be delivered within 3 business days from the date of purchase.
Table of Contents
1. Research methodology
2. Global analytical instruments industry – the journey so far
3. Global analytical instrument industry – a performance overview
4. Top 5 Competitors Comparison – Based on Porter's Five Force Model
4.1 Life Technologies
4.2 Thermo fisher Scientific
4.3 Agilent Technologies
5. Performance Overview and Comparison of Key Companies
5.1 Perkin Elmer
5.2 Bruker Corporation
5.3 GE Analytical Instruments
5.6 Mettler Toledo
5.7 Hitachi High Technologies
5.9 Bio- Rad Laboratories
5.10 Carl Zeiss
6. Opportunity Assessment
7. Future outlook
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626