NEW YORK, March 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The global anesthesia and respiratory devices market is expected to witness moderate growth in the coming five years. Respiratory devices account for the largest share (about 57%) in this market; primarily due to their wide usage among the three consumer segments (healthcare institutions, home healthcare and transport) as compared to anesthesia devices; which have limited usage amongst the end-users. Medical tourism and rising healthcare expenditure in emerging economies provide growth opportunities for the anesthesia devices as new healthcare facilities come up in these regions. On the other hand, rising incidence of respiratory diseases such as obtrusive sleep apnea (OSA) and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD); along with aging population are amongst the major factors influencing market growth for respiratory devices.
The market for anesthesia and respiratory devices is fragmented with major players accounting for about 50% of the market. GE Healthcare and Covidien have a combined market share of over 23%. The other key players in the market include Philips Healthcare, Getinge Group, Draegerwerk AG, and Teleflex Inc.
This research report categorizes the anesthesia and respiratory devices market into the following:
* Anesthesia devices: anesthesia machines, anesthesia disposables
* Respiratory devices: respiratory disposables, respiratory devices and respiratory measurement devices
The report provides market estimates and forecasts for the global anesthesia and respiratory devices market in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (ROW). In addition to market sizing and forecasts, the report offers a detailed analysis of the market trends, opportunities, and the factors influencing the growth of each segment of the anesthesia and respiratory devices market. The report also draws a competitive landscape, analyzing core competencies of major players and strategies adopted to expand their market presence.
* The targeted audience for this report includes:
* Anesthesia and respiratory devices manufacturers
* Anesthesia and respiratory devices distributors
* Healthcare institutions
* Market information was obtained through secondary research on company websites and news articles.
* Market size of the segments was calculated using the bottom-up approach.
* Market revenues of key players were determined by primary and secondary research, which includes study of the annual reports of the company and interviews with Key opinion leaders (KOLs), CEOs, directors and managers.
* Market numbers were derived after screening of annual reports of market players and currencies/financials have been converted based on exchange rates mentioned in the annual reports or yearly average (date of publication on financial reports) from oanda.com
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626