NEW YORK, March 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Gout Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Gout Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global gout market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global gout market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global gout sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData has estimated the global gout therapeutics market to be valued at $854 million in 2010. It is forecast to grow at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 12% for the next seven years to reach $1.8 billion by 2017. The market grew at a CAGR of 7% during the historic period (2005-2010). The major breakthrough in the otherwise dormant gout market was the approval of Uloric (febuxostat) after 40 years by the EMEA (European Medicines Agency) in 2008 and by the FDA (Foods and Drug Administration) in 2009. Krystexxa also got approval in September 2010, for the treatment of refractory gout. The increasing patient population and expected launch of few biologics and newer therapies during the forecast period will drive the market growth.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the gout market. Its Scope includes -
- Annualized seven key markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan) gout market revenues data from 2005 to 2010, forecast for seven years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends by seven key markets. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Interleukin-1 (IL-1) blocker, monoclonal antibody, purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) inhibitor and URAT1 inhibitors (urate-anion exchanger).
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the seven key countries gout market. Key market players covered are Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Ardea Biosciences, Nuon Therapeutics, Metabolex, Inc and BioCryst Pharmaceuticals
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the gout therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in gout market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global gout market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global gout market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global gout market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626