NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Lyme Disease Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released a new report, "Lyme Disease Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global Lyme disease therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global Lyme disease therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global Lyme disease therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData has estimated that the Lyme disease therapeutics market was worth $2.2m in 2009. The major reason for this limited market revenue is that there is no approved drug specifically for Lyme disease treatment. Antibiotics such as doxycycline, cefuroxime and amoxicillin are currently prescribed. The patent protection of all these antibiotics expired long ago and many generic versions of the antibiotics are available very cheaply. In 2009, the annual cost of therapy for Lyme disease with antibiotics was $81. Between 2001 and 2009, the Lyme disease therapeutics market grew only at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.1%. The late-stage pipeline for the Lyme disease therapeutics market is very weak and is entirely made up of antibiotics that are currently used as off-label drugs. Therefore, even though these drugs will receive regulatory approval for the Lyme disease therapeutics market, the entry of antibiotics is expected to have a negligible impact on the market in terms of sales value and volume. Overall, between 2009 and 2017, the Lyme disease therapeutics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of only 4.8% to reach $3.2m by 2017.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges in the Lyme disease therapeutics market. Its Scope includes:
- Annualized global Lyme disease therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- The Lyme disease pipeline has antibiotics and potential novel vaccines being studied for the treatment of early as well as late stage Lyme disease. Currently the pipeline comprises third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic, Cephalosporin + Tetracycline combinations, Lyme Borreliosis vaccines, OspA vaccine and OspA + DbpA combination vaccine
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global Lyme disease therapeutics market. The key market players operating in this market are Pfizer, Bater International, GlaxoSmithKline and Intercell AG
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include a strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the Lyme disease therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Lyme disease therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global Lyme disease therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global Lyme disease therapeutics market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-262