NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Global sales of asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis drugs are expected to decline from $46bn in 2009 to $43bn in 2015, due to patent expiries on leading brands: seretide and singulair. The respiratory market is dominated by asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis drugs. This report presents leading products, developments and market forecasts for each of these indications. Asthma is attracting the greatest development activity. Ten recently launched and pipeline products are examined in detail.
Scope of this research
• Analyze the franchises of top players in the asthma, COPD and allergic rhinitis markets, and assess current competitive positioning.
• Assess key pipeline products by indication, ongoing trials, recent product launches and key developments in R&D.
• Identify the challenges confronted by leading players, and understand how recent events impact the performance of leading products.
• Forecast sales by drug class and indication to 2015.
• Evaluate leading brands in the respiratory market.
Research and analysis Highlights
The global respiratory market was valued at $58.4bn in 2009, with Y-o-Y growth of 5.4%. Growth in the respiratory market was driven primarily by strong sales performance of anti-asthma and COPD drugs, which comprised around $33.6bn of the total respiratory market. Allergic rhinitis was the second largest segment in 2009 ($12.6bn).
Existing therapies for respiratory disorders can be broadly divided inhaled corticoids (which reduce inflammation) and bronchodilators. Recent innovations have brought fixed dose combination (corticoids and bronchodilation) of three major blockbusters: GSK's Advair, AstraZeneca's Symbicort and Boehringer-Ingelheim's Combivent.
Of respiratory indications, asthma represents the main area of R&D interest for pharmaceutical companies, with an estimated 300 compounds in various stages of development. The COPD and allergic rhinitis pipelines are of lesser strength, comprising around 140 products.
Key reasons to purchase this research
• What are the current trends within the major therapy areas such as asthma/COPD and allergic rhinitis across the seven major markets?
• How will recent launches from companies such as GSK, AstraZeneca, Merck, and Nycomed perform in the marketplace?
• What are the most promising respiratory compounds in development , and what is the forecast commercial potential of these products through 2015?
• How will the competitive landscape across the major respiratory indications be in 2015?
• What market and pipeline developments will shape corporate strategies for leading pharmas in the respiratory market?
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626