NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Power storage technologies offer the potential to store power during off-peak hours and replace the need to build additional power generation facilities, which would otherwise be required to supply power during peak loads. The global power storage market is gaining growing investor interest due to its vast potential for using power generation capacities in a more efficient manner. The International Energy Agency (IEA) identifies four prominent types of grid-scale power storage applications based on the supply duration of stored power – power quality management, loadshifting, power bridging, and bulk power management
Scope of this research
- Gain insight into prominent power storage technologies in terms of the working principle and efficiency offered.
- Analyze power storage technologies with respect to their cost, current development status and future expectations.
- Comprehend the factors associated with power storage technologies which may drive or resist their growth.
- Understand the overall positioning of power storage technologies pertaining to key power storage applications identified by the IEA.
- Explore the upcoming power storage technologies which have the potential to emerge as a fully-fledged power storage solutions.
Research and analysis highlights
Advanced battery systems are widely used power storage technologies compatible with all types of power storage requirements including power quality management, load shifting, and power bridging.
The Flywheel Energy Storage (FES) is an upcoming power storage technology, mainly associated with short-term power applications such as power conditioning.
The Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage (SMES) system is a developing technology mainly used for power regulation applications to improve the power quality, similar to the FES technology.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- What are the prominent power storage technologies?
- Who are the key players in the development space of prominent power storage technologies?
- What are the installation costs for each technology?
- What are the upcoming power storage technologies?
- What are the various performance statistics associated with prominent power storage technologies?
To order this report:
Email: [email protected]
Intl: +1 805-652-2626