NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Venous Thromboembolism – Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, "Venous Thromboembolism - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017". The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global VTE market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global VTE market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global VTE sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global Venous Thromboembolism (VTE) market was worth $3 billion in 2009. It is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% for the next eight years, to reach $4.1 billion by 2017. This growth rate is primarily attributable to the strong current treatment options as well as strong pipeline candidates. This growth will be further supported by the high incidence rate of the disease, increased uptake of factor Xa inhibitor and direct thrombin inhibitor, and the launch of late-stage me-too candidates with improved efficacy and safety.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the VTE market. Its Scope includes:
- Annualized global VTE market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast for eight years to 2017.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across the different phases, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under major therapeutic classes such as Factor Xa Inhibitor, factor IXa inhibitor, factor VIII inhibitor, human antibody, VKOR inhibitor, active ?-d-thioxyloside, indirect thrombin inhibitor, direct thrombin inhibitor and ultra low molecular weight heparin.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global VTE market. Key market players covered are Bristol Myer Squibb, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi Aventis, Astellas Pharma Inc., Bayer Healthcare and Johnson and Johnson.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and the implications for the VTE therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global VTE market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global VTE market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global VTE market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626