NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
The success of Apple's Application Store has not only established the salability of mobile applications, but has also shown that the most excellent applications offer the potential to generate large amount of revenues. Several telecom giants have thus begun providing dedicated application stores for their users, so much so that more than 2 million applications are currently available for communications, games, multimedia, productivity, travel, and utility purposes.
About 6.4 billion (free, paid, and ad-supported) application downloads were made globally in 2009 alone from native (on-deck) and third-party (off-deck) application stores, generating revenues of $4.5 billion in the same year. Apple, with 2.5 billion downloads, dominated the applications market in 2009. However, new players like Google, Nokia, and RIM are rapidly entering the applications market space, as the increasing uptake and usability of smartphone devices further boosts the mobile applications market. According to our estimates, the global mobile applications market is expected to be worth $25.0 billion in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 29.6% from 2010 to 2015.
The study includes native (downloadable) mobile applications (not web-based applications) for mobile devices like smartphones and feature phones (not iPad or tablet PCs). The market segmentation on the basis of store type includes on-deck (operators, mobile device manufacturers, and Operating System (OS) developers managed) and off-deck (independent or third-party managed) stores. This research report categorizes the global market for mobile applications on the basis of
Mobile applications categories:
• Social Networking
• Business and Finance
Business model (store) types:
• Native or on deck
• Third party or off deck
• OS/handset manufacturers
• Application developers
The report provides market estimates and forecasts for the global mobile applications markets in North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World (ROW). In addition to market sizing and forecasts, the report also offers a detailed analysis of the market trends, opportunities, and the factors influencing the growth of each segment of the mobile applications market. The report also draws a competitive landscape, analyzing core competencies of major players and strategies adopted to expand their market presence.
The targeted audience for this report includes:
• Handset manufacturers
• Mobile phone operators
• Mobile software developers
• Application store providers
• Retail electronics distributors
• Enterprises and businesses that require business-specific applications and publish their own applications
• The report uses a combination of primary and secondary research to arrive at market estimates.
• The size of the mobile applications market is calculated using a bottom-up approach; using volume (downloads/year) and prices validated by the key market participants such as CEOs, VPs, and product managers.
• Market sizes were also verified by the cost volume approach.
• Prices and pricing trends in different geographies were identified and analyzed through secondary research, and the average selling price per unit calculated.
• All currencies were converted into USD, based on which the weighted average price of a mobile application was calculated.
• Geographical market split was arrived at by determining users, cost of applications, and the adoption rate in different regions.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626