PHOENIX, April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This Earth Day, Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) encourages you to take the #1MORE Pledge and commit to a daily act of sustainability or service that helps to preserve our Blue Planet™. Visit 1morepledge.com to take the pledge and share your commitment with friends and family.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7747751-republic-services-1more-sustainability-pledge/
"The challenges we face as a society when it comes to sustainability are quite complex," said Pete Keller, vice president of recycling and sustainability at Republic Services. "It can be overwhelming trying to identify how to make a meaningful difference in day-to-day life. The reality is, every day is Earth Day, and no act is too small to matter. This Earth Day, we are excited to share a few simple sustainability suggestions, and encourage everyone to pledge to do just one more thing each day."
Earth Day is celebrated on April 22nd, and represents an opportunity each year to renew collective and personal commitments to sustainability. This year, Republic is offering 10 sustainability tips, which are also available in an interactive Multimedia News Release: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7747751-republic-services-1more-sustainability-pledge/
Republic's Earth Day Sustainability Tips:
- Make sure your recyclables are EMPTY, CLEAN & DRY before tossing them in the blue recycling bin
- Avoid paper waste by sending invitations electronically
- Make a list before grocery shopping to curb food waste
- In addition to making a shopping list – send leftovers home with dinner guests to reduce food waste
- Use washable bottles instead of plastic bottles
- Wherever possible use alternative fuel vehicles -- like electric, hybrid or CNG -- to reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce, reuse or repurpose your household possessions -- if all else fails, donate them
- Bring your own bag when grocery shopping to reduce plastic bag consumption
- Reduce your carbon footprint by carpooling whenever possible
- Consider using washable serve-ware instead of paper or plastic
In 2015, Republic Services was among the top companies recognized by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), a leading international non-profit organization dedicated to measuring and disclosing environmental information, in the 2015 CDP S&P 500 Climate Change Report. Republic earned a score of 98 out of 100, which reflects its strong commitment to transparency, quality and completeness, and an A- in Performance. Achieving an A is the highest Performance score possible.
Known as the Blue Planet™ sustainability initiative, Republic is defining its approach to environmental responsibility through reduced emissions from operations, materials management, safety, community engagement, and employee growth opportunities. To view Republic's Sustainability Report, go to RepublicServices.com/sustainabilityreport.
About Republic Services
Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through its subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for their commercial, industrial, municipal, residential and oilfield customers. We'll handle it from here.™, the brand's tagline, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet™ for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/republic-celebrates-earth-day-with-1more-pledge-300255233.html
SOURCE Republic Services, Inc.