DUBLIN, Mar. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Internet Music Programmers 2016 - 2018: Ad-Supported and Subscription Listening Hours Chart a Monetization Groove" report to their offering.
According to baseline data contained in this report, each 1,000 hours of listening (RPM) across the spectrum of services online is forecast to clear $100 by YE 2018.
Triggered by shifting music listener consumption patterns, an outstanding assembly of cross-channel broadcasters and pure-play internet programmers, services and platforms, combined with exploitation of the audio avail plus consumer comfort with affordable pay-as-you-go subscription fees, collectively powered a 56.7% jump in 2016 revenue.
Topline analytics in the market study Internet Music Programmers 2016 - 2018: Ad-Supported and Subscription Listening Hours Chart a Monetization Groove, shows subscription revenue grew by 93% and captured 61.9% of market revenue (U.S.) in 2016, while ad billings ramped 19.5%, to $1.7 billion.
Going forward, advertising and subscription Internet music radio and track play programmers are currently forecast to achieve $5.4 billion in 2017, an 18.2% marketplace increase following the muscular 2016 surge.
Catalysts for RPM increases include synchronizing audio CPMs across platforms (desktop, mobile or dedicated connected device), improving audio avail targeting (national and local audience profiling), adtech specialist innovations, upping ad loads per programming hour, and integration with major clearing/serving platforms like Google's DoubleClick.
Pandora captured an estimated 47.3% of the U.S. market, and Spotify held an 11.5% slice of total listening.
Listening hours delivered by Internet music programmers exhibits a 12-year (2004 - 2016) CAGR of 29.6%. Listening hours through 2018 are currently forecast at a 26.3% CAGR.
This report includes a database of broadcasters and services for full year 2016, listening hours or equivalents for each entrant, comparable historical listening hour statistics, forecasts, advertising inventory by format (audio, video and display inventory), CPMs, a complete anthology of pay music services, subscribers and revenue 2003 - 2016, and combined market forecasts through 2018.
Key Topics Covered:
Section One: Digital Music Radio And Track Play Services And Marketplace
- 2012 - 2016: A Building Wave Of Adoption
- 2017: Internet Music Radio And Track Play Listerners Crest Across Multiple Devices And Dayparts
- Monetization Overview: Advertising
- Monetization Overview: Subscription
- The State Of Music Listening Technologies And Vendors
- Ad-Supported Broadcaster Business Imperatives: 2017
- Listening Hour Analysis: Full Year 2016
- Internet Music Radio And Track Play Listening Hour Cagr At 29.6% 2004 - 2016
- 4 Billion Listening Hours Per Month In 2016
- Ad-Supported Monthly Listening Hours Forecast To Rise By 11.5% In 2017
- Subscription Hours To Rise By 15.4% In 2017
- Ad Supported Listening Hours Outpace Subscription Hours 2010 - 2016
- Notes On The Tunein App
- Internet Music Monetization Finds A Groove: Programming Services Revenue Jumps 56.7% In 2016
- $4.6 Billion In Combined Subscription And Advertising Revenue
- Monetization Per 1,000 Hours Of Listening (Rpm) Averaged $94 In 2016, Including Pay/Subscription Services
- Internet Music Programmer Royalty Payments Estimated At $1.6 Billion In 2016
- Economics 101: Price Elasticity Of Demand Drives Music Subscriber Uptake 2012 - 2016
- Subscription Music Service Subscribers By Year: 2003 - 2016
- Ad-Supported Services Continue Double-Digit Growth: A $1.7 Billion Internet Music Radio Market
- In-Stream Audio Attracts 79.7% Of Total Ad Spend In 2016
- Audio Inventory Increased 11.5% In 2016
- An Average Of 27.6 Billion Monthly Avails
- Terminology And Definitions
- Viacom's Rhapsody
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q9nh8r/internet_music
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---46-billion-internet-music-programmers-market-2016-2018-featuring-amazon-apple-doubleclick-google-microsoft-pandora-pure-play-siriusxm-spotify--viacom-300421088.html
SOURCE Research and Markets