DUBLIN, May 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Transmission Market by Technology, Component, Project Type, Application, and Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The HVDC transmission market is estimated to reach USD 10.77 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 8.4% between 2016 and 2022. In terms of power capacity, the market is estimated to reach 85.79 GW by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.8% between 2016 and 2022.
The market for VSC-based technology is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period as VSC converters are compact in size and a less expensive solution used in HVDC transmission systems.
The multi-terminal project type is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecast period. The development and growth of the offshore wind sector is expected to be driven largely by the favorable government policies. Increasing offshore wind farm connection in multi-terminal systems is opening new application areas in this market.
The HVDC transmission market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Factors such as, high development in power transmission networks and various government initiatives to integrate wind energy in power grids to ensure clean energy generation are expected to drive the growth of the market in this region.
Reasons to buy the report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to the HVDC transmission market, by technology, component, project type, application, and geography, along with their respective market size (in terms of value) and power generation capacity.
- The Porter's five forces analysis, value chain analysis, and key strategies adopted by the market players have been provided for the HVDC transmission market.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities and, challenges for the HVDC transmission market have been detailed in this report.
- The report includes illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the HVDC transmission market based on its segments and sub-segments.
- ABB Ltd.
- American Superconductor Corp.
- General Electric
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Nexans SA
- NR Electric Co., Ltd.
- Prysmian Group
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- Transgrid Solutions, Inc.
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insight
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Trends
7 HVDC Transmission Market, By Component
8 HVDC Transmission Market, By Technology
9 HVDC Transmission Market, By Project Type
10 HVDC Transmission Market, By Application
11 Geographic Analysis
12 Competitive Landscape
13 Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p8zmmz/high_voltage
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-high-voltage-direct-current-hvdc-transmission-market-value-of-usd-1077-billion-by-2022---trends-technologies--opportunities-report-2016-2022---key-vendors-general-electric-hitachi-siemens-300276187.html
SOURCE Research and Markets