DUBLIN, August 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Worldwide Medical Polymer Markets: 2016-2025" report to their offering.
This report identifies the market opportunities in the space and provides guidance on the technical and regulatory framework in which these opportunities are emerging. It includes an analytical review of polymers used for medical applications, including developing implants, diagnostic systems, and hospital labware. The report also contains roadmap that will provide the reader with a guide to where medical polymers are headed technologically.
This report includes a granular ten-year forecast, profiles the activities of key suppliers and analyzes the evolving supply chain for medical polymers. For the firms covered we discuss their strategies and needs along with their strengths and weaknesses. In addition, the report provides an analysis of the market for medical polymers in various important country-specific markets.
This report provides deep strategic insight into how the polymer industry can generate new business revenues in medical and healthcare applications. These perspectives are backed up with numerous forecasts in both revenues and volume (Kg) terms. The report also sets out views on which polymers are likely to do best in the market.
The report reviews the markets for medical polymers used for medical applications, including developing implants, diagnostic systems, and hospital labware, It also provides an analysis of the current technical trends in medical polymers including polymer production and evaluation for clinical approval, as well as a deeper understanding of key medical products and their future.
The report also profiles the relevant activities of major companies manufacturing medical polymers and insight into the geographical distribution of the medical polymer market including details of national regulatory requirements for countries where sophisticated medical polymers are widely used.
Firms discussed in the report include, Celanese, Covestro, Dow Corning, DowDupont, DSM, Eastman Chemical, Evonik, Solvay and many others.
Key highlights from the report:
- Implants currently consume about half the medical polymers produced and are expected to account for around $1.7 billion in polymer sales by 2021. Polymers have been penetrating the implant market because they are lower cost and lighter weight than metal alternatives, such as titanium. But they also benefit from aging population and enabling technologies, especially medical imaging.
- Similar trends are driving the markets for polymers used in diagnostic systems will reach more $1 billion in 2021. Diagnostic technologies are an inevitable part of health management programs today and currently most diagnostic procedures are rapid, multi-assays in which plastics have become indispensable. The growth prospects in this sector are thus especially strong.
- Medical polymer revenues are spread over a large range of polymers. By far the biggest contributor to revenues is PMMA, which will generate $745 million in 2021. PS/styrenics, LDPE and PEEK are also important commercial medical polymers - combined, these four types of polymer will account for 54 percent of the medical polymer market by 2021. The report also identifies some high margin markets.
The last decade has also seen the rise of biodegradable polymers and n-tech believes that current trend indicate that, entire prostheses soon will be developed from these materials. While they will not be used to manufacture diagnostic products, biodegradable polymers will be incorporated into implants and even some clinical labware. There is also some additional interest in discovering new biodegradable polymers for medical applications, but investment in this area is limited due to the need to complete extensive long-term studies in order to validate new materials.
- Dow Chemical
- Dow Corning
- Eastman Chemical
- Kraton Performance Polymers
- Lubrizol Life Sciences
- Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Co
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vjjpr4/worldwide_medical
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-medical-polymer-market-2016-2025---market-is-forecast-to-grow-to-over-29-billion-in-revenue-in-2021-featuring-celanese-covestro-dow-corning-dowdupont-dsm-eastman-chemical-evonik--solvay-300309795.html
SOURCE Research and Markets